Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Symbols not shown in instrument manager

Hi,
    I just signed up to Esignal today to recieve some additional symbols- some such as the $TICK,$VIX, are showing fine in the NT instrument manager however some such as XLF, XLP,USO, are missing. I have double checked with Esignal tech support and we confirmed throught the esignal data manager that I am able to recieve them. Any ideas,
    Thanks ,
    Phil.

Hello Phil,

You will need to add these instruments manually in the Instrument Manager. Please see the instructions below.

From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Instrument Manager

Press the "New" button

*Enter in instrument specific information and select the appropriate exchange (add Default exchange for equities in addition to the actual exchange)

Fill in any relevant information under the "Misc" tab such as symbol mapping for your target connectivty provider

Press the "OK" button

* If you wish to add an equity, this can be accomplished without following the steps above. Just open a chart (for example) and start typing in the symbol and a new instrument is automatically created.

The instrument is now added to the master instrument list. Please follow the instructions below if you want to add this instrument to an instrument list.

Select the instrument list you wish to add the instrument to via the "Instrument lists" drop down list in the upper left hand corner

Select the exchange (Default recommend for equities) as this will route orders to your broker smart routing system

Select the appropriate expiration date if this is a futures instrument

Press the "<" button to add the instrument to the list

You are now complete and can press the "OK" button.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason, Thanks.
      I've managed to input all the symbols I require but some are not updating in realtime. I close the chart and reopen it and the chart will have updated but no realtime price movement at all.
      I have checked in monitor and they are updating in realtime fine.
      For example the symbol XLF which has symbol $FXV in Esignal, I have tried with the default exchange, the NYSE and the Amex exchange so far.
      regards,
      Phil.

Comment

Hello Phil,

Could you please enable both the Default exchange and the exchange the ETF is traded on.

Check if you receive real-time data. Check not only the chart, but the Control Center and SuperDOM as well.

Comment

Just to be clear,¨ to enable both the Default exchange and the exchange the ETF is traded on.¨
          Do I add another instance of the ETF into the instrument list or is there a way to enable the ETF with 2 exchanges at once ?
          Thanks,
          Phil

Comment

Hello Phil,

I was referring to the Definition-tab of the Instrument Editor. Please enable both exchanges.

Upon adding the instrument to your instrument list have Default listed.

Comment

Hi Jason,
              That's exactly as I have it set up. No data in the Superdom or Market analyzer,
              Kind regards,
              Phil

Comment

Hello Phil,

Could you please post two screenshots of the settings you currently use for the XLF in the Defnition and Misc-tab of the Instrument Editor.

Comment

Hi Jason,
                  heres two.
                  Attached Files

Comment

And another.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hello Phil,

Please set Instrument type to Stock and check once more.

Comment

Tried stockbut still no realtime, however chart has updated so it's getting some data somewhere ...
                        thanks,
                        Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Phill.f View Post
                          Tried stockbut still no realtime, however chart has updated so it's getting some data somewhere ...
                          thanks,
                          Phil
                          Hi Phil,

Can you open up a time and sales window for these instruments and see if you receive any T&S real time information?
                          Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Here is a screenshot of the Time and Sales from replay data on XLP ETF, no contract size showing or Bid ask colours. This is the default T+S window with no changes made by me.
                            I suspect that the data I am getting is not the complete order flow of these contracts also.
                            Funny that USO, $Tick,$VIX, are working fine but the Indices are not.
                            Will be able to check in Realtime at U.S. open session but hope to have this fixed by then if at all possible.
                            Thanks in Advance,
                            Phil.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I had an old Esignal program on my Computer so I thought that I would uninstall it just in case it was causing a conflict with NT.
                              However now I cannot access the esignal connection through NT at all- getting the message cannot find implode.dll.
                              Have uninstalled and reinstalled NT twice but still no implode.dll .
                              So now I need to fix this before I can see if uninstalling Esignal has solved the original problem.....
                              Cheers Phil.

PS I tried to restore to earlier backup but it fails.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
                              24 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post spwizard  
                              Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Max238