Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canadian stocks with Yahoo

Hello,
    I'm trying to create the chart using Yahoo provider for canadian stocks (e.g. - YRI.TO). I get the exception - "Invalid instrument name".
    Is there a specific requiremet (format) for stocks traded on TSX (Toronto stock exchange)?

Thank you.

Hello,

Our stock names do not have characters such as the period you have in the example. Here are a few for example, AAPL, GOOG, MSFT. If you go to tools --> Instrument Manager --> select the type drop down and choose stock --> click search --> Here you will find more examples of stocks.

How to add a stock:
    If you wish to add an equity, just open a chart (for example) and start typing in the symbol and a new instrument is automatically created in the master instrument list.

If you are unable to add these by using the provided instructions they are likely not available through Yahoo.
    MichaelNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

I was able to receive data for the desired stock by adding it manually using the symbol YRI.TO in our symbol mapping. Please use the instructions provided in addition to using the screen shot as reference.

• From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Instrument Manager

• Press the "New" button

• *Enter in instrument specific information and select the appropriate exchange (add Default exchange for equities in addition to the actual exchange)

• Fill in any relevant information under the "Misc" tab such as symbol mapping for your target connectivty provider

• Press the "OK" button
      Attached Files
      MichaelNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Michael,
        mapping actually works. Thanks a lot.

Comment

Hi
          We’re a proud NinjaTrader 3rd party add-on provider and have recently released a unique new product range, the ‘Easy Load’ equities installer for NinjaTrader, which now completely configures and automates the addition of stock codes in NinjaTrader (the NinjaTrader press release can be found at http://www.ninjatrader.com/downloads...st_29_2013.pdf )

Our ‘Easy Load’ installers automatically install within NinjaTrader the complete list of all configured stock exchange codes for various exchanges (including TSX) allowing for fast, seamless access to these instruments across multiple supported NinjaTrader datafeed providers.

For the Canadian Toronto Stock Exchange (‘Easy Load’ TSX) installer, all stock codes are automatically installed, fully configured and mapped to work seamlessly with Kinetick free/real time data, Interactive Brokers, eSignal, DTN IQFeed, Barchart and Yahoo free TSX data.
          If your current data provider is not listed above please send me a message and we can look to include it.

I realize this topic is extremely old now, however just thought I’d mention this new product if anyone is now after a completely automated solution to loading TSX shares and configuring NinjaTrader for use in Canada.
          Easily view ALL equities & stock codes for many of the world's largest stock exchanges in NinjaTrader, seamlessly connected to supported data feed providers

Thanks for your time.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post sarafuenonly123  
          Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes