Reverse Button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reverse Button

When using the reverse button to reverse positions the program appears to freeze for a brief period.
    Is this likely to be a computer based issue or an internet or somehow related to reversing?
    I have studied the tips on computer preformance & there is not anything more I can do there. I only have three charts running all with the same instrument, two of them with a couple of Blue Wave indicators on them. I do have replay recording running but no stored data. They are Range bar charts. This is at the moment occuring in Sim.
    I am using XP Pro SP3 Pentium 4 with 2Gig of Ram

Originally posted by John_Aus View Post
    When using the reverse button to reverse positions the program appears to freeze for a brief period.
    Is this likely to be a computer based issue or an internet or somehow related to reversing?
    I have studied the tips on computer preformance & there is not anything more I can do there. I only have three charts running all with the same instrument, two of them with a couple of Blue Wave indicators on them. I do have replay recording running but no stored data. They are Range bar charts. This is at the moment occuring in Sim.
    I am using XP Pro SP3 Pentium 4 with 2Gig of Ram
    Hello,

Thank you for your note.

This is expected as the REV enters multiple orders. It closes you out of your current position, cancells your targets and stops, then opens you in the reverse position and places new targets and stops.
    This is a lot of orders that need to be processed, therefore this order takes longer than others.
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you RJStein
      Following on from your answer is there a better or more practical way of changing positions from say short to long that is less demanding.
      Eg closing the position and then entering a fresh position in the opposite direction which to me seems the exact same.
      Regards John

Comment

That would be basically the same thing and the only other way to do this.

Comment

Can Computer capacity have any influence on this & similar actions?

Comment

The only one that would, would be the processor speed, or CPU speed I beleive.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post usazencort  
            Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
            5 responses