Extending drawn lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extending drawn lines

Suggestion: It would be nice if the lines that I draw manually on the chart using the drawing tools could be extended into the open space (that I set) to the right of the last candle on the chart.

imported post

Which drawing tools? NT6 extended line will extend into the "Right side margin" area.

Ray
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

The regular line that you draw using Alt-F2, the ellipse (Alt-F11), the rectangle (Alt-F12). I guess I just like to be able to have the line end where I want it to without having to delete it and without it being there three days later. Maybe I'm the only one.

Comment

imported post

I see. Drawing object anchor points currently can't enter the right side margin area. I will add this request to our list for future enhancement consideration.

Ray
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

Just wanted to add my support to have lines extended to the right of the chart past what is now allowed. This is a key charting technique that I use to project what is going to occur minutes/hours down the road.

Being able to scroll the chart to the right with deadspace there to enable placement of drawing lines is on my list near the top of requirements to trade effectively.

Comment

imported post

Hi,

I would like to add that this is also a major feature for me... I'm current using two different chart plataforms only because of this *little* detail.

Please, can you advance any ETA for this feature ? (The anchor pointsof linesbe positioned inside the "right side margin"

Kind Regards,

Comment

imported post

Hmm .. let me try to understand:
              - you can draw horizontal lines which will paint into the right margin area right off the rightmost bar
              - you can draw rays (trend lines?) which will paint into the right margin area right off the rightmost bar

Isn't that what you are looking for?

Comment

imported post

Hi Dierk...

Attached is a chart with 3 incremental trendlines, and then duplicating and then moving these or projecting them...you want to be able to project / move these objects into the space to the right and also the space above and below the chart ....(I use a trendline with a flag, so you can see where the trendline ends when projected above or below the chart....This trendline / flag tool can be created by just selecting the Trend and Retracement lines on the pitchfork tool)...these are old classic chart techniques for measuring possible turn or acceleration points.

You really want to be able to project any chart graphic tool (rectangle, trendline, pitchfork etc...into the spaces above and below and to the right for these cycles measuring techniques.

There was a guy who wrote a book about this...J R Stevenson...this is an old old classical chart technique and works very well when one developes a bit of skill...http://ptt.50webs.com/about.html

Or check out this link on this sort of technique at Ensign...http://www.ensignsoftware.com/tips/t...7.htm#Geometry

I also feel that all chart graphic tools should have the possiblility of saving perhaps 5 default settings per tool also....different colors parameters etc.

Thanks...Alfred
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Alfred; 05-08-2007, 01:24 PM.

Comment

imported post

Thanks for clarification and additional input.

Comment

imported post

Hi,

Yes, Alfred said it all.

Although, "ray lines" and "horizontal lines" can fill the "right side margin", the "lines" segment cannot (nor rectangles or ellipses).This, for some of us, is a key point in the trading techinque, because we need to "copy&project"in the "future"those lines.

If you are familiar with eSignal charting plataform (or qCharts) you can see how this works. Youcopy a parallel line (line segment) of a trendline to anywhere on the chart (you can also change the color, the style and the sizeof the line, as Alfred said this is also very important, but not as important as the possibility to extend the lines to the "right side margin").

Kind Regards,

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by bill2023, Yesterday, 08:51 AM
                    8 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post bill2023  
                    Started by yertle, Today, 08:38 AM
                    6 responses
                    0 likes