Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to enter long/short on close of a candle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to enter long/short on close of a candle?

I was wondering if someone could help me with a NinjaTrader order entry question?

I would like to be able to click a BUY or a SELL button in the chart trader when I see a signal, and for NT to automatically look up the last closing price (for a fully completed candle) off my chart and submit a limit BUY or SELL at that price depending on whether I click the Buy or Sell button.

Is this possible to do?

I am currently using the SIM mode of NT6.5 with OpenTick as the data source for day trading.

Below are the things that I do not want to do, the workarounds, which are already available in NT to do what I ask:
    • I do not want to run any automatic strategies that trade all the time.
    • I do not want to right click on the chart to select the buy/sell menu options - this takes to long and the trade runs away from me
    • I do not want to use the dome because it does not work with OpenTick for some reason (probably because I only have CME Level 1) and currently OpenTick do not allow making any changes to the subscription plans.
    • I do not want to enter at market, at bid or at ask
    So, in summary, I just want to be able to submit an order at the last closing price by clicking either the Buy or Sell button.

Is this possible to implement in NT6.5 somehow?

I am capable of writing my own NinjaScript, so, please speak programming to me if need be

Thanks in advance

Paul
    Last edited by pbastowski; 02-26-2009, 03:55 PM. Reason: Sorry, I placed this in the wrong area by mistake. Could an admin move this to the correct area please?

Paul,

You cannot have Chart Trader running in conjunction with a NinjaScript strategy on a single chart. The buttons are not configurable on Chart Trader either. Unfortunately what you are trying to do would not be possible without some much more advanced C# programming. You would need to end up developing your own buttons and monitoring mouse up/down events. Unfortunately this level of programming is not something we can support.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by DavidHP, Today, 07:56 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
    Started by kujista, Today, 06:23 AM
    3 responses
    0 likes