Stop loss / Profit targets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop loss / Profit targets

I am gradually becoming accustomed to the whole strategy building thing and love it. At the moment I am still using the wizard. I dont want a simple profit target and stop loss, what I want is to have a basic stop until price moves in my direction. Then I want to close my position when certain paramentres come into play, eg changing CCI over the last (x) bars while price moves in opposite direction. I cant seem to find the capability to do this. At the moment I have 2 sets of conditions one for short and one for long. I was hoping there might be a way of utilizing another 2 sets that will begin wit the condition that ( IF in a long position) Then exit or close IF...
    IS there something like that I could do. Perhaps even trailing swings - where if price breaches a swing high or low- the order is closed.
    Hope this makes sense.
    Thanks
    Raycam

Hi raycam, you could for example check for the MarketPosition in your next Set of conditions with Position.MarketPosition == MarketPosition.Long (found under 'Strategy'), then add another custom condition for the exit there and then place your ExitLongStop order in the 'Do the following' field.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks- I will give it a go.
      Raycam

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by tkaboris, Today, 05:13 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post tkaboris