Cancelled pending exit order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cancelled pending exit order

I'm programming a stop and reverse strategy. A reverse order is placed after the initial position is closed via a filled stop and the associated target order is canceled. A reverse order is placed (via a market order) and is accepted. Once the reverse position state is 'Filled', I place a stop and target order using the entry name of the reverse order. Both the stop and target orders are accepted and in the 'Working' state.

For some trades using the back-tester, my stop and target orders are then canceled. The trace messages I get are:

"Cancelled pending exit order, since associated position is closed"

There's a couple of issues with this:

1. The stop and target orders are 'Working' not 'Pending'.
    2. The stop and target orders are associated with the reverse position which is not closed, it's still open (now without a stop or target order).

A position that is closed is the initial position that got stopped out before the reverse position was put on. The stop and target orders that are canceled are not associated with that initial position (which has a different entry name).

I've searched through the forum, looking for related problems and see in this thread:

that Ninja has some internal signal tracking issues. My problem seems related to the issue detailed in that thread.

I'll wait for the next maintenance release before spending hours trying to create a minimum strategy that can reproduce the problem.

Regards,

David
    dbw451

Hi David, thanks for your post and sorry for the inconvenience caused - were you running your strategy with the order handling set to 'PerEntryExecution' under the 'Strategies' tab?
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes, I have the "Stop & target submission" set to "Per entry execution", however I'm not sure that would make any difference since I'm currently trying to keep order handling simple and do all my back-testing with one futures contract.

Regards,

David
      dbw451

Comment

David,

What you are experiencing may or may not fall into that category. Please let us know after you try it out on that release which will be out shortly. Thanks.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok, thanks Josh. I look forward to testing out the new release.

Regards,

David
          dbw451

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post jaybedreamin  
          Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM