X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

crash on open and workspace not opening

I'm getting a very strange problem.

Part1
    Every time I reboot and start Ninja 6.5, It just hangs, I have to go to the Task Manager and kill it. Then I reopen Ninja and it loads.

Part2
    I had a workspace that no longer loads. It shows up in the workspace list and I can close it but when I load it nothing displays.

Does anyone have any clues on why it crashes or how I can get my workspace back.

thanks
    Mike

Hello Mike,

1. Do you have Asus utilities installed? If so, this is known to cause an issue with NinjaTrader; NinjaTrader will not start the first attempt, but will the second time.

2. Could the following have happened? You saved your workspace via File-->Workspaces-->Save Workspace. Upon shutting down NinjaTrader you closed all windows except the Control Center. You exited the software and when prompted to save your workspaces your selected Yes. If so, you saved the workspace again, but this time without any windows present. Next time you opne up NinjaTrader, it opens up a blank workspace.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I do not have Asus.

I guess it's possible about saving the workspace, I will see if it happens again.

Comment

Hello Mike,

What exactly is meant with 'reboot'. Do you reboot your machine with NinjaTrader running?

Check after a reboot, before starting NinjaTrader, if NinjaTrader.exe is listed in the Windows Task Manager.

Comment

I went into the task manager to kill the ninja process, then I sutdown the pc (powered down), then I turned on the PC, Checked for running Ninja programs and did not see any. I started ninja, and the control panel showed up and the logon splash screen remained. I checked the Task Manager and ninja control panel says not responding. I ended the task and restarted Ninja, and it did the same thing. I tried it a third time and same thing. I really want to use Ninja, what can I do to get this to work.

Am I the only person with this problem.

I have Dell Dimension5150 XP home 3 gigs memory, 4 monitors

Comment

Hello Mike,

Can you please send me your log and trace files that display these attempts. You can find these files at the following locations:

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Log--> log.20090303 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Trace--> trace.20090303 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Upon restart of your PC, please ensure to wait a few minutes for the all processes to be loaded and subsequently start NinjaTrader.

Comment

ok, here are the files, I got the app to run last night and did not exit the program, and was able to connect to IB this morning.
              Attached Files

Comment

>> the control panel showed up and the logon splash screen remained.
                To clarify: what's the last message you see on the splash screen before it actually hangs? Thanks

Comment

Today the program has opened every time. But if it does hang again I will take a screen capture of where it is.

Comment

After robooting my pc tonight, power off - power on, I tried to start Ninja and it crashed. I attached a screen shot of the splash screen and the log files. Any thoughts on how to stop this.

thanks in advance
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

The splash screen always pops up when opening up NinjaTrader. Was there another message as well?

I've looked at your log and trace file and nothing is listed there either.
                      Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

no other messages. The control panel was behind the spash screen. The app just stopped, and the task manager says not responding for Ninja.

Comment

Can you delete your workspaces, restart the software and try again.
                          Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I deleted all workspaces and rebooted the pc and the application opened. I created 1 workspace wioth 1 chart, closed ninja and reopened it and that worked. Tonight I rebooted my PC and opened Ninja and it is Not Responding again. This is just crazy, is there some kind of debug tool I can run to figure out why Ninja crashes.

Comment

Hello mikeytrader,

Were there any similarities when NinjaTrader did not start in relation to the attempts that were successful?

Does your machine load many applications automtically when Windows starts?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post jaybedreamin  
                              Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                              6 responses
                              0 likes