Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASX Index trading data stream?

Hi.
    Does anyone here know which data stream allows you to trade the ASX200 index on NT?
    I'm based in Australia and have a few of my friends interested in NT but they wish to trade ASX200 index and as yet I cannot find a relevant data link to connect to.

Any help as to data stream and how to get the instrument showing up to trade will be most useful.

Thanks
    Chris

Hello Chris,

NinjaTrader comes pre-loaded with the most commonly traded instruments however, you may find the need to add an additional instrument. Please follow the instructions below to add an instrument in the Instrument Manager.
    • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Instrument Manager.
    • Press the "New" button
    • *Enter in instrument specific information and select the appropriate exchange (add Default exchange for equities in addition to the actual exchange)
    • Fill in any relevant information under the "Misc" tab such as symbol mapping for your target connectivty provider
    • Press the "OK" button
    * If you wish to add an equity, this can be accomplished without following the steps above. Just open a chart (for example) and start typing in the symbol and a new instrument is automatically created.

The instrument is now added to the master instrument list. Please follow the instructions below if you want to add this instrument to an instrument list.
    • Select the instrument list you wish to add the instrument to via the "Instrument lists" drop down list in the upper left hand corner
    • Select the exchange (Default recommend for equities) as this will route orders to your broker smart routing system
    • Select the appropriate expiration date if this is a futures instrument
    • Press the "<" button to add the instrument to the list
    You are now complete and can press the "OK" button.

Unfortunately I do not have information listed which supported connectivity provider support this instrument. A list with supported broker partners can be found at the link below.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I use Interactive Brokers and watch the SPI data as I trade the ASX stocks.

Originally posted by alcamie View Post
      Hi.
      Does anyone here know which data stream allows you to trade the ASX200 index on NT?
      I'm based in Australia and have a few of my friends interested in NT but they wish to trade ASX200 index and as yet I cannot find a relevant data link to connect to.

Any help as to data stream and how to get the instrument showing up to trade will be most useful.

Thanks
      Chris

Comment

I want to connect to use the yahoo feed. I have enabled that. But I am having trouble trying to access the ASX.

So yahoo feed is connected. From there I went to file. new. chart
        then the box comes up to type in details

I go to type . stock
        exchange. asx
        then type in the symbol under name

but I just get prompted with select an instrument

Obviously there is something im missing out

I have followed all the steps listed below but nothing seems to work

I assume I can get the australian stocks via yahoo? i could on quotetracker

would be great for some help

Comment

nevermind I figured it out

Comment

Hi Matt,

I have just spotted your old post and I have been trying to get ASX stock data through Yahoo and haven't had any luck. Can you please let me know how you got it working?

Regards,
            Kylie.

Comment

Hello Kylie,

Please see the attached screenshots for an example to setup an Australian stock for Yahoo.

Setup other Australian stocks the same way. Let me know if this will not work for you.
              Attached Files
              JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the information. I was missing the ".ax" on the end!

Regards,
                Kylie.

Comment

Is it possible to load all the stock list in ASXall at once instead of loading them up 1 at a time so that you can scan the entire market?

Comment

Hi,

You can load them in through the Import Stock Symbol list. Generate a list of ASX stocks you want and append .ax to each symbol name then you can just load them up through the Import function.

Regards,
                    Kylie.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick_A View Post
                      Is it possible to load all the stock list in ASXall at once instead of loading them up 1 at a time so that you can scan the entire market?
                      Erick,
                      As both Kylie/Jason mentioned, you can import all the asx code. That being said, you mentioned doing the Scan, that is another issue which you might need another software to explore.

In my past experience with Yahoo data, it has issues with stocks with 3 decimal places, stock splits, etc. I had to manage data more than trading the market so I gave up in the end. Nothing stops you from subscribing with a data provider then importing them into Ninjatrader though.

Hope that helps.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by paulchow2k View Post
                        In my past experience with Yahoo data, it has issues with stocks with 3 decimal places, stock splits, etc. I had to manage data more than trading the market so I gave up in the end. Nothing stops you from subscribing with a data provider then importing them into Ninjatrader though.

Hope that helps.

Paul
                        Hello Paul

Thanks for the heads up. Did you end up subscribing with a data provider, and if so, who did you subscribe to and how are they?

Cheers

Erick

Comment

Originally posted by Erick_A View Post
                          Hello Paul
                          Thanks for the heads up. Did you end up subscribing with a data provider, and if so, who did you subscribe to and how are they?
                          Cheers
                          Erick

Hi Erick,
                          I subscribe to Paritech's DataDirector for their snap shot data. If you are looking for live/delayed data & news announcements, then ask them for Paritech Pulse. You can get Pulse for free if you trade frequently with them.

Mention my name and see if you can get further with them.

Hope that helps.

paul

Comment

ASX stock symbols to work with yahoo data??

Hi Guys,
                            Have loaded all ASX 200 stocks using "import stock symbol list". That is fine, but I've tried symbols like "BHP", "BHP.AX", "BHPAX"and none of them work with yahoo feed.

Any ideas? Says unknown instrument. Have all settings as per screenshots from another post below, but still not working?

Cheers,

wave

OK SCRAP THAT, IT'S BECAUSE I WAS CONNECTED TO ZEN FIRE AND KINETICK FREE EOD FIRST, SO AUS STOCKS WERE NOT LOADING. ONCE REMOVED THOSE CONNECTIONS AND ONLY CONNECTED TO YAHOO, THEY WORK FINE.
                            Last edited by waverider; 11-22-2011, 03:04 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
                            2 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post TraderBCL  
                            Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
                            14 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post martin70