Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart trader placing stop after order placed

NT
    In live SIM practicing today, after placing a limit order that was filled, i clicked the x by mistake (using chart trader), the order is still live so how do you go back a place a stop back on that specific order?
    Maranuvian

Hello maranuvian,

Thank you for your post.

If you have an open position without any stop loss or profit target orders protecting it you can easily add these exit orders.
    Please see a post in our support forum that outlines how to accomplish protecting an open position.

KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
      Hello maranuvian,

Thank you for your post.

If you have an open position without any stop loss or profit target orders protecting it you can easily add these exit orders.
      Please see a post in our support forum that outlines how to accomplish protecting an open position.
      Hi Kyle
      the original limit order was placed with ATM strategy on chart trader. after getting filled, i accidently canceled the stop and target, how do i place a stop and/or fill on chart trader at that time?
      Maranuvian

Comment

Hello Maranuvian,

You would need to take the following steps to add a profit target and stop loss to your open position:

· Set strategy in the strategy selection drop down box to a value of <None>
        · Right click in Chart Trader and enable OCO order placement by selecting the menu "OCO Order"
        · Then place a limit order where you want to exit at a profit
        · Then place a stop order where you want to exit at a loss
        · Then right click again and select the menu "OCO Order" to disable the OCO order placement
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
          Hello Maranuvian,

You would need to take the following steps to add a profit target and stop loss to your open position:

· Set strategy in the strategy selection drop down box to a value of <None>
          · Right click in Chart Trader and enable OCO order placement by selecting the menu "OCO Order"
          · Then place a limit order where you want to exit at a profit
          · Then place a stop order where you want to exit at a loss
          · Then right click again and select the menu "OCO Order" to disable the OCO order placement
          Hi Kyle
          Please excuse my newbieness, tried this not having success. You are aware that the order is still open that i am trying to place a stop and sell instructions?
          Maranuvian

Comment

Hello Maranuvian,

Unfortunately this is not supported. It is not possible to assign an ATM strategy to a working order.

However, the instructions posted in post #4 by Kyle will work when having a 'naked' position, such as described in post #3 where the limit order filled and subsequently put you in a position.

I suggest to wait for the working order to be filled and follow the instructions in post #3.
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
              Hello Maranuvian,

Unfortunately this is not supported. It is not possible to assign an ATM strategy to a working order.

However, the instructions posted in post #4 by Kyle will work when having a 'naked' position, such as described in post #3 where the limit order filled and subsequently put you in a position.

I suggest to wait for the working order to be filled and follow the instructions in post #3.
              NT
              I participated in the chart trader webinar Friday asking same question. His answer confused me. I still don't understand steps clearly as what you ahve outlined is not working. Let me refresh issue.
              1) using chart trader, i placed a limit order
              2) by accident i clicked the x button canceling the limit parameters, yet order is still live
              3) i want to put AT LEAST a stop back on that specifice order
              4) How do i accomplish?
              5) please lay out step by step explanation
              thanks maranuvian

Comment

Hello Maranuvian,

Did the limit order execute and put you in a position in your example? It seems to be executed, since you cannot cancel the stop loss or profit target by clicking the 'X'-button.

After the stop loss and profit target are cancelled, you will be left with a naked position and not an order that is still alive.

You can submit a stop market or stop limit order as stop loss. More information can be found at the link below.

For example, if you are long at 680.50 (ES) and you would like a 8 tick stop loss, submit a sell stop order at 658.50.

If the order did not execute, can you please explain how you cancelled the 'limit parameters' (is this referring to an ATM strategy?).

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                  Hello Maranuvian,

Did the limit order execute and put you in a position in your example? It seems to be executed, since you cannot cancel the stop loss or profit target by clicking the 'X'-button.

After the stop loss and profit target are cancelled, you will be left with a naked position and not an order that is still alive.

You can submit a stop market or stop limit order as stop loss. More information can be found at the link below.

For example, if you are long at 680.50 (ES) and you would like a 8 tick stop loss, submit a sell stop order at 658.50.

If the order did not execute, can you please explain how you cancelled the 'limit parameters' (is this referring to an ATM strategy?).
                  NT Jason
                  using chart trader:
                  1) i place a limit order with an atm strategy
                  2) the order is placed on chart and executed i.e. the buy portion
                  3) i accidently clicked on the sell stop X ( i meant to click and drag to move the sell stop)
                  4) this cancels the sell stop and the order is now naked
                  5) i don't want the order to be naked so how do i at least place a stop back on the order that is still live and naked?
                  6) the OCO instructions your team has given me doesn't work or i am not understanding your instructions.
                  7) what say you NT Jason
                  8) thanks maranuvian

Comment

Hello Maranuvian,

Please submit a sell stop order below the market when you are in a long naked position (caused by cancelling the initial ATM strategy).

It works on my end.

Instructions to submit orders can be found at the link below.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
                    3 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
                    Started by yertle, Today, 08:38 AM
                    5 responses
                    0 likes