Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Account performance points mode (fx account)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Account performance points mode (fx account)

When viewing the account performance report in points mode, pips are multiplied by 1000. So, a 7-pip profit is displayed as 7000 points. Is there a way to display pips by the correct whole number, or as a decimal in the case of fractional pips?

Hello ocelot,

Could you please post a screenshot of the report that displays this profit.

I display a 2 pip loss as -2.0000. This is as expected upon submitting an order with an order quantity of 0.01M in simulation.

A trade with an order quantity of 1 with forex in simulation will display a 2 pip loss as -0.0002.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Here's an example. This is from a demo account with MBTrading. There's also another strange behavior. I'm using an ATM strategy as follows:

Open .2M position.
      Close .1m after set profit target (or loss).
      Close remaining .1m via trailing stop.

The second position however is getting split in two, 99,999, and 1 units respectively.
      Attached Files

Comment

I suggest to make use of order quantity values, such as 1, 2, etc instead of 0.1M or 0.01M.

In addition, can you please tell me what setting is used for 'Quote currencies (FX) in' under Tools-->Options-->Misc-tab.

Make sure it is set to TenthPip as per the link below.

Comment

The 0.1M, 0.2M values were what the fx order entry window defaulted to. I'll try just using whole number values tonight to see what happens.

The quote currencies setting is set to tenth of a pip.

Comment

Ok, I tried just entering "1" for 1 standard lot, and it appears to have only traded $1, as opposed to $100,000, the value of 1 standard lot.

Comment

Hello ocelot,

Unfortunately the account performance report will display PnL multiplied by a thousand as per forex trades using the 0.1M quantity in simulation; it is not possible to modify this to a whole number or decimal.

As per the ATM strategy, are you using 2 Targets? If so, make sure each target reflects 0.1M.

Comment

Yes, I'm using 0.1M for both targets.

It's a shame about the account performance behavior, it makes accounting a lot more difficult. By the way, this is only happening with my MBTrading demo account. The Gain demo account I was using previously didn't have this problem. I guess this is a problem with either MBTrading's API?

Until this problem is corrected, it rules out MBTrading as a broker for me. I'm going to have to find another NT compatible ECN now.

Comment

Sorry to hijack this thread but I also have a question about Points Mode in Account Performance, My Profit column only shows up to 2 decimals. How can I get it to show more? Thanks

Comment

Hello mic.o8o,

Unfortunately this is not supported. It will only display values using 2 decimals.

Comment

It's a minor issue really but are there any plans to fix this?
                      I appreciate that there have been more important and major undertakings going on with Ninja lately. ;-)
                      But when that is complete and after Ray takes the team on an all expense paid tropical island vacation how about adding a simple fix to this?
                      Simply allowing more decimal places would solve the matter.

Anyway there is a very good solution to this that Ninja provides but it requires the extra step and hassle of exporting to Excel or csv format. I export the Trades tab data and it is all there out to the 5th decimal place (10th pip quotes), a must for reviewing MAE and MFE data. This works fine as a work around but I hope that a very simple fix can be made to this soon by perhaps just allowing the user some control over column formatting.

All that being said the only real hassle to exporting the data is having to install Excel on the trading machine. If you have excel laying around and want nicely formated reports with headers that you can't get with csv it is well worth doing.

Thanks for all the brilliant work on NT7! I am loving it. The new session and data managers make Ninja a much more useful program.

Thanks,
                      Gains
                      Last edited by Gains; 03-19-2010, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Hello,

I will send this to development for consideration. Thank you!
                        DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
                        6 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post algospoke  
                        Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
                        4 responses
                        0 likes