Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NinjaTrader stealing focus from IBs TWS

Hi,

is this the normal behavior that when NT is running it will take away focus from TWS's message and settings windows?

On my two computers where I am using it it does, so for example when I am opening a setting window in the TWS the window closes after a second or so. Sometimes if I have time enough to scroll or click somewhere the command is even exceuted (or the setting changed).

I thought that this is the regular behavios, but yesterday someone from NT supoort logged in to my computer to check something, he seemd to be suprised about that. Unfortunatelly I was not focuses (was live trading) but wondered afterwards that this is not the behavior as it should be?

And please: nobody from NT shall ask me if I have the right TWS, .NET, or TWS version installed, and noone shall ask me to reinstall it all again. I did that all several times, even setup Windows new.

Hello BillCh,

Are there any windows in NinjaTrader that have the 'Always on top' option enabled?

I tested this on my end even with a NinjaTrader chart set to 'Always on top', but the TWS windows did not close until I closed them manually.

To recap, the issue is TWS windows close without reason, correct?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The behavior you described is triggered by the "runtime popup handling" which is enabled in your account connection settings. You shouldn't observe this behavior if you turned if off. However this feature then won't be active.

Comment

Thanks, will try this.

What effect will there be turning it off, or in other words what is its purpose when turned on?

Thanks

Comment

When turned on, TWS windows will always come up front even when activating a different window you have opened on your PC, such as a NinjaTrader chart.

When turned off, this behavior is avoided. Once you activate a different window, it will stay active.
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

In addition to what Jason reported: TWS issues "confirmation" boxes from time to time. If the option below is turned on, NT will try to "press the OK button" for you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
            16 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Leafcutter  
            Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post WHICKED