pivot indicator question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pivot indicator question

I want a simple way to enter a trade if it gets within a certain distance from a daily pivot. So for example- if price is above the pivot PP at open, I want to enter long if it gets within 4 ticks of that pivot. I am working with the wizard and have gotten as far as having price close on the left side and equal to or greater than in the middle and the pivots daily on the right including an offset- but I don't understand the offset and everything I try doesn't seem to work.
    Thanks
    Raycam

Please post a screenshot of the conditions you have setup so far in the wizard - the offset lets you add / subtract to your level, so if choose for example the pivot point (PP) itself and enter an offset of 4 ticks, it means the level will be the pivot + a full point on the ES.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Bertrand,
      I am experiencing a problem with the offset function. I am also using the wizard, but in my case using FX instruments - primarily EURUSD & GBPUSD. Generally, my setup is: If the high of the current bar Cosses Above Pivot R1 and RSI is greater than 65, then Sell 100K @ mkt. This is the entry signal. I have tried adding "Offset/ticks/20" to the Pivot R1 and also tried using "-20" as I want to enter the trade if for example the high reaches within 15 ticks of the R1 level and then rolls over and fades. I am thinking it MAY have something to do with using Crossing Above as a condition, but am unsure. Can you help? Thanks alot, MT

Comment

Correct, this is likely the CrossAbove condition, it would need two dataSeries in the wizard - have you tried checking for example if the strategy is flat and the Close would be greater than your price level + the desired offset?

Comment

Yes I have. What I did was to try using a few different techniques that should, all else equal, produce the same end signal. The xabove/below condition definitely caused the issue with offset. Instead, I set the code to calculate on bar close "false" and specified the High of the current bar to be => R1 with a 20tick offset. It worked perfectly and continues to do so. Thanks alot & case closed. MT

Comment

How to setup daily and weekly pivots

Hi there,

Dont know if this is a good place to put this but i need help on pivots.

I need to know how to setup weekly anfd daily pivots? i added the pivots indicator and changed it to daily or weekly but they come up with the wrong values.. so obviously there are more settings required.. can someone advise me? very much appreciated! thanks!

Schnitzel.

Comment

Hi Schnitzel, this is a good explanation on how Pivots are calculated in NT - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=4676

What kind of broker / datafeed are you using? Would they offer native daily bars?

Comment

The answer is Schnitzel that NT produces are wildly innacurate and unreliable daily & weekly pivot: They do not work and cannot be relied upon at all. I use IB and have had to create something pretty complicated to get Pivots to work - at considerable expense...

Comment

Pivot high and low as TradeStation

Hi,
                  I read all post but I've not found the same paint bar or indicator.
                  Pivot High : If the high to day is higher than the high [1 or 2 or .........] one day ago and higher than the high [1 or 2 or .........] to morrow.
                  Pivot Low : inverse
                  Can you give me a solution.
                  Regards.

Comment

Turtles, please take a look at this study here from the sharing : http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...scalper&desc=1

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Pattontje, Yesterday, 02:10 PM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Pattontje  
                    Started by flybuzz, 04-21-2024, 04:07 PM
                    17 responses
                    0 likes