NT confusing accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT confusing accounts

When I was in front of my NT being flat, suddenly a voice said "Target filled". I was confused because there was no open position! When I checked executions, I saw that NT had closed a position on the Sim101 account. Where did this come from? Actually this morning NT had without any instructions from my side simultaneously opened the same position on my IB account and the Sim101 account. Both execution show the same order ID! How can this happen?

Later on I closed the position on my IB account, while the position on Sim101 - invisible for me, though - remained open. When the first target of the original ATM strategy was hit - long after I had closed out the position on the IB account - I became aware that NT was playing simulations in the background.
    Attached Files

Hi Harry, please check your ATM strategy setup if the 'Shadow' strategy is enabled, this will replicate your ATM orders on the IB account to the Sim101 account and could be the reason for your confusion - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...V6/Shadow.html
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Shadow strategy?

I did not use shadow strategies on purpose, but I have the Advanced Options enabled on my DOM because sometimes I am using the Chase limit option for profit targets.

What might have happened is that I have mistaken the "Shadow" entry for the "ATM Strategy" entry. Actually the fields have identical size and identical look-abouts. So I can not exclude that the strategy was already set in the "ATM strategy" field and that I put the identical stategy in the "Shadow" field by mistake.

Would this explain the behaviour?

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      Hi Harry, please check your ATM strategy setup if the 'Shadow' strategy is enabled, this will replicate your ATM orders on the IB account to the Sim101 account and could be the reason for your confusion - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...V6/Shadow.html

Comment

Yes Harry, I think this is what was happening - if you contact me at support at ninjatrader dot com Attn Bertrand with your logs I can investigate closer for you if you wish.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you.

Thanks for your help. Is not necessary to explore this further. Happened the first time and I only avtivated the Advanced DOM Options recently.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post cls71
          by cls71

Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM
          3 responses