Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price Above/Below first 30 minutes of intraday

greeting,

I've just started to explore Market Analyzer, and I'm racking the brain figuring out a way to color code my trading list with regards to finding bounce plays where price is breaking above the high of the first 30 minutes. Is it possible to do something like this? I don't see anything with 'time' as a value to work with.

Likewise, I'd like to create a column (in the opposite direction) where price is breaching the lowest lows of the first 30 minutes.

Thanks for any help...i'll keep working on it!

Thanks,
    -robert
    Last edited by rretch; 03-05-2009, 06:57 PM.

Hi Robert, welcome to our support forums!

For your two custom conditions you would need to create indicators in our NinjaScript programming language, here are good tutorials to get you started - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...verview18.html

You can then later reference those custom indicator in the Market Analyzer for alerts and ranking.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks,

i'll look into it....looks interesting.

-robert

Comment

try these 2 indicators

Originally posted by rretch View Post
        greeting,

I've just started to explore Market Analyzer, and I'm racking the brain figuring out a way to color code my trading list with regards to finding bounce plays where price is breaking above the high of the first 30 minutes. Is it possible to do something like this? I don't see anything with 'time' as a value to work with.

Likewise, I'd like to create a column (in the opposite direction) where price is breaching the lowest lows of the first 30 minutes.

Thanks for any help...i'll keep working on it!

Thanks,
        -robert

Comment

Thanks nkhoi,

the FirstHrHiLo.zip file in the thread that you mentioned works great.

I've tried to get Market Analyzer to color columns green when price breaks above the indicators 'Mid' Plot (which I have set to 30 minutes after the market opens). Any ideas?

The link that Bertrand sent me does me no good...i'm unable to get anywhere. He may as well sent me a link on how to fix the Hubble telescope.

Thanks for any advise,

-robert

Comment

see indictor from post #21 to see how he used indicator and price to trigger a color condition. But since you want to color the background not price, check out color background code in the MACDupdown indicator.

Originally posted by rretch View Post
            Thanks nkhoi,

the FirstHrHiLo.zip file in the thread that you mentioned works great.

I've tried to get Market Analyzer to color columns green when price breaks above the indicators 'Mid' Plot (which I have set to 30 minutes after the market opens). Any ideas?

The link that Bertrand sent me does me no good...i'm unable to get anywhere. He may as well sent me a link on how to fix the Hubble telescope.

Thanks for any advise,

-robert
            Attached Files

Comment

nkohi,

Thanks again for some brainstorming, but I don't that i'm getting my point across. It's not that I want the charts 'background' colored, I would like a column in Market Analyzer colored -to notify me of this condition.

I have posted a pic of how StockFinder colors my trade list green when price breaches above the price high reached at or before 30 minutes after the market's open.

As an example, if at 9:59, price is at $10.00, then breaches this price and goes to $10.15, StockFinder will notify me by coloring that stocks 'block' with a green light. You will also notice how there is a stock that is colored red, this is indicating that price has breached below the price 30 minutes after open. Do you know if NT can do anything like this in Market Analyzer?

In the image, I've highlighted StockFinder's watch list (which is showing green lights with some stocks above the 30 minute price highs) and pointed it to NT's Market Analyzer where I'd like it to do something similar -within one of it's columns.

Thanks again for your patience,.....I'm hoping this can work.

I can't get a column in Market Analyzer to essentially scan and color columns which are breaching, above or below, the price high/low of market's 30 minute open. This seems like such an essential tool, i think i've even seen it on one of e-signals scan packages.

-robert

Here is a higher res. image.

Attached Files
              Last edited by rretch; 03-12-2009, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Hi Robert, for this you would need to custom code indicators that return a binary plot value like 1 for 'break above 30min opening range found'. Then you can assign an alert or color condition for this in the Market Analyzer - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...onditions.html

If you need this tools custom coded professionally, please consider contacting those NinjaScript consultants - http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/pa...injaScript.htm

Comment

Thanks Bertrand,

I would really like to leave StockFinder for the robustness of NT...but this is a high priority for me (since i don't use indicators or anything else really [just this]. Thanks for the suggestions.

-robert

Comment

Thanks for the kind words Robert.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by elderan, Today, 08:03 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post elderan