Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Logging in/logging out

Sometimes I get a ninjatrader error
    Last edited by spacebalts67; 07-02-2010, 09:14 AM.

Originally posted by spacebalts67 View Post
    Sometimes I get a ninjatrader error that says ninjatrader must be shut down and I need to shut down and restart. If I have strategies running with trades in place, are what exactly happens to those? Will profit targets/stop losses all still be in effect on all trades in the market? I wasn't sure if they were last time this happened so I just flattened everything.
    Hello,

Thank you for your post.

1.) When you receive these messages, you should start up NinjaTrader and go to Help --> Mail to Support so we can look at your trace and log files.

2.) The status of your targets and stops depends on your connection. See this link for more information: http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ead.php?t=5349
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Your stop losses should be in either the "working" or "accepted" state, and therefore on GAINs servers.

Did you contact GAIN to see if your stops were in place?

If you have your trace and log files for the date, we can investigate. Sen them in to support AT ninjatrader DOT com and reference this post.

Trace File: \Documents\NinjaTrader6.5\trace\(date of issue)
      Log File: \Documents\NinjaTrader6.5\log\(date of issue)

Comment

Ok, I understand.. here is what you need to do.

1.) Find the live trade of question in NinjaTrader.

2.) Report the instrument and time to GAIN and asks them if they can see that this trade came through on their end with any pending orders which would be on their servers or at the exchange.

-They should have a record of any trades sent to them and any pending trades.

You can also put on a live limit order so it is far away from the market where you will not get filled, then contact GAIN and ask them if they can see this pending order on their end. They should be able to.

If you would like, you can send in your information( your full name, GAIN account #, Trade date and time, instrument) to support AT ninjatrader DOT com. Reference this post and we can work with GAIN to look at your account.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by r68cervera, Today, 05:29 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post r68cervera  
        Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes