Daylight Savings Problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daylight Savings Problem?

Hi...I have my chart setup to start plotting data at 8:30. It's always worked fine until this morning. When my PC clock (showing correct time) showed 8:30 this morning, the data wasn't plotting on the chart.

So, I went into properties and changed start time to 7:30 and data started to plot. Then I noticed an error on the chart regarding the time. As you can see from the screenie, it was stuck on 8:26 for awhile.

Also, you can see my PC clock is 10:20 and the chart is showing 9:20. Is there something I need to do to fix this? Thanks

BTW, this is US time
    Attached Files

Hello Jugador,

Can you please synchronize your PC clock and check if your time zone setting is setup correctly as well while NinjaTrader is closed.

Restart NinjaTrader and check if the time in the charts resemble your PC clock.

If not, please tell me what data feed provider you are connected to.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi...sorry it took so long to get back, but I was dinkin with it. Seems like whenever I try to synchronize the pc clock with the "time.windows.com" or "time.nist.gov" it sets the clock back to where it was. In other words, I'd set the correct time, then run the synchronizer, and it would go back an hour.

I installed the daylight savings "plugin" from microsoft, but still goes back an hour.

My data provider is Trading Technologies from Velocity futures. I'm in Texas and use the (GMT 0600) Central time (US and Canada) setting

I restarted ninja and the same problem

BTW...I'm using windows xp
      Last edited by Jugador; 03-09-2009, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Hi Jugador,

I'm afraid this falls outside our expertise. What I suggest is to contact Micrsoft support or see if it's possible to GOOGLE issues with PC Clock synchronisation after Daylight Saving Time.
        Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Okay...got it fixed. I downloaded another patch from microsoft and just clicked the "automatically adjust..." button, then about 5 seconds later the time rolled forward an hour. Fired up Ninja and set it to "begin" at 2:40 PM, and when 2:40 rolled around, started getting bars and the time stamps are correct.

Thanks for the quick responses! You guys get my vote for "Best Customer Support"

Comment

I'm having the exact same issue and it must be an NT problem since I have adjusted the Comp time and TS T&S is showing the correct time which is same as the system time and NOT the NT T&S which is 1 hour behind!!!!

Jugador, do you have a copy of the patch that fixed your problem?

Comment

Fixed. Thank you..this patch will do it:

WindowsXP-KB951072-v2-x86-ENU.exe

Google it.

Comment

Hi...I believe I had to try two patches. I think I did the 1st one that 1800 promote has, then I ran the windows update and it installed this patch. After you install the patch, open the date and time properties (see pic), and click the "Adjust Automatically..." button, and the time should roll forward in a few seconds.

Patch KB955839
                Attached Files

Comment

I tried a couple of patches of no avail to NT! My Sys clock and Tradestaion T&S are OK but NOT the Ninja T&S etc.!

Comment

Did you restart the computer after installing the patch? Also, try the windows update and see if it recommends any updates for the clock.

Comment

I had restarted win and all but after one more try of restarting NT again just now it finally kicked in...

thanks for your help guys

Comment

Also make sure you reload historical data. That should do the trick.

Comment

Originally posted by Jugador View Post
                          Hi...I believe I had to try two patches. I think I did the 1st one that 1800 promote has, then I ran the windows update and it installed this patch. After you install the patch, open the date and time properties (see pic), and click the "Adjust Automatically..." button, and the time should roll forward in a few seconds.

Patch KB955839
                          I am running NT 7 with the zenfire data feed on Windows-XP, and the time stamp prints in my time and sales window were 1 hour behind the the PC time and time on my charts, so none of my time based charts (1 minute, 5 minute...) would update with a new bar. My tick and volume based charts would print new bars but the timestamp on every new bar was identical.

I Installed the KB955839 patch as recommended, restarted NT, and the time stamp prints in the T&S window are now in sync with the correct clock time and the charts are now updating correctly, everything is now in sync and correct.

Thank you for your helpful instructions Jugador !
                          Last edited by pt-emini; 03-25-2011, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by CommonWhale, Today, 09:55 AM
                          1 response
                          0 likes
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
                          Started by Gerik, Today, 09:40 AM
                          2 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post Gerik