Screen Capture for Muliple Monitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screen Capture for Muliple Monitors

Can anybody recommend a screen capture software that will capture all monitors in a single image file. I have searched the web but have not found a suitable solution. I am currently using the freeware of Gadwin PrintScreen which is very nice but will not capture multiple moitors.

Thanks.
    Last edited by TAJTrades; 03-09-2009, 02:34 PM.

Hello TAJTrades,

Thank you for your post.

NinjaTrader has no recommendations for this type of software.

Perhaps the NinjaTrader Support Forum Community can be of help.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

You have a few options.

1. This option is Free. Press the Print Screen button on the keyboard. Go into Paint, --> Edit --> Paste. You can save this file as a .BMP. I'm sure if you want to convert it to a smaller file format (.JPG, PNG) you can find free software to do that; I think Microsoft has something as well.
      2. Get a program called SnagIt. You can select the area you want to take a screenshot of.

hope this helps.
      mrlogik
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Purelogik Trading

Comment

Or try ScreenSprint32 - its is free and can be configured to capture a single screen or the complete desktop (multiple monitor images)

Comment

Originally posted by mrlogik View Post
          You have a few options.

1. This option is Free. Press the Print Screen button on the keyboard. Go into Paint, --> Edit --> Paste. You can save this file as a .BMP. I'm sure if you want to convert it to a smaller file format (.JPG, PNG) you can find free software to do that; I think Microsoft has something as well.
          2. Get a program called SnagIt. You can select the area you want to take a screenshot of.

hope this helps.
          Thanks. Will experiment with both options.

Comment

If you can not find a suitable solution then go to work and create your own!

I have created a method within NT to do screen captures. It is Event Driven so I can do a multi-screen screen capture based on any event within NT. Today was the first day I tested it. The test took a screen shot on the FirstTickOfBar on a Two Hour Chart. Went well. Tomorrow I will bump it up and use it on FirstTickOfBaron a 5 minute chart. Then I will add a bunch of random indicators and try to stress kill it. If that goes well I post the code on the forum.

It is coded to capture Screen 1 (Primary Screen) or Screen 2 or both screens. I had to resize the images below to meet the forum requirements so they are not the actual file size.
            Attached Files

Comment

Snagit...a possiblity...

Snagit will work for multi monitor captures even if monitors are of a different size (with their polygon option or with the screen capture option...from Snagit 9 instructions..."If you have multiple monitors, Screen captures both monitors. To only capture one monitor, use Capture a Region.")

An example of a polygon capture attached...you can also capture a fixed rectangular region of any screen size...this should also work to capture multiple monitors of the same size.....many other Snagit options also...you can also set custom hot keys to capture different custom capture profiles...

You can also assign an automatic name and number feature to captures and auto save to a folder with a hotkey...so it is easy to set up folders for each day and have a sequential record of the day to review.

And...it is easy to add text notes to a chart window with NT before a capture if desired.

Attached Files
              Last edited by Alfred; 03-17-2009, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TAJTrades View Post
                I have created a method within NT to do screen captures. It is Event Driven so I can do a multi-screen screen capture based on any event within NT.
                That is slick :-)

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by ScottW, Today, 06:09 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post ScottW
                by ScottW

Started by Board game geek, 10-29-2023, 12:00 PM
                14 responses