TrailingStopLosses - SetStopLoss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TrailingStopLosses - SetStopLoss

I'm trying to build my own trailstop logic...

I have an idea of how to do it in my head, but I'm just not sure how to approch it in NinjaScript.

I'd like to use the SetStopLoss function for my trialing stop, so the orders are always at the exchange.

What I'm thinking is, if there was someway to "get" the current value for the stoploss placed by SetStopLoss, then increment it each tick I'm deeper into profit...

What command can I use to pull the current stop loss value each time the bar updates?

Regards,

Brian

Hi Brian, have you tried using the SetTrailStop? It will amend the trailing stop on a tick by tick basis.

For an idea how to code a trailing stop with the SetStopLoss in the OnBarUpdate, you can take a look at this reference sample - http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ead.php?t=3222
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yea... I should have been more specific in my first post.

What I'm trying to do is raise my stop 5 points once I have one point in profit, then use trial tick by tick. As you already know - and have mentioned in other threads - you can't do that with SetTrailStop.

Against my better judgement, I tried something like this, but it didn't work:

// If a LONG position is open and we have a profit, modify stop loss
      else if ( invoketrailstoploss == false && usetrailingstop == true && Position.MarketPosition == MarketPosition.Long )
      {
      // Once the price is greater than entry price, adjust stop loss
      if (High[0] >= Position.AvgPrice + (trailstopprofitpoints * 4) * TickSize)
      {
      SetStopLoss(CalculationMode.Price, (Position.AvgPrice - (stoppoints - trailraisestoppoints)));
      invoketrailstoploss = true;
      }

if (invoketrailstoploss == true)
      {
      OrderType.StopLimit == trailingstopvalue;
      SetTrailStop()

}

Comment

heyligerb,

You cannot add the SetTrailStop into the mix. You will have to stay with SetStopLoss() and trail it yourself. Every time you see a higher price, raise the stop loss. If the price goes lower, don't move the stop loss.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Right... which is why I'm asking how I can determine the current stop price.

If I use SetStopLoss, and say it sets the stop to X based on my logic. How can I determine what X is in the script? Once I know what X is I can mimic a trialing stop.

OnBarUpdate
          X++

Brian

Comment

You would have to code it out yourself, a good example of a custom trailstop logic can be found here - http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...7&postcount=11
            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
            47 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post aligator  
            Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes