Saving Strategies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saving Strategies

I have an automated strategy I had built...and since you can't run more than one setting of that strategy per account, I made 9 more Sim accounts, and am testing it live at 10 different settings. First question, is that the right way to do it? Next, Is it true you can't run strategy more than one way per Sim account? Also, when I want to go live with my real account, can I run it more than one way on 1 real account? Finally, as it is a pain to set up the same settings for 10 different accounts every morning...is there a way to save those strategy settings for each of my 10 sim accounts and someday the real account.

Thanks guys.

jbhansen7,

You can run as many instances of a strategy as you want on one account. You can change the parameter settings up between each instance too. The only thing that will happen is performance results will be aggregated in that one account and may or may not be more work for you to sort out the results. Unfortunately there is only one setting, the default strategy setting, that is saved. You will need to make changes every time. NT7 will provide more flexibility around this area.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

First, I look forward to those changes in version7. Next, you said I can run multiple settings, for 1 strategy, in 1 account right?...is that sim accounts or live accounts?...because I believe I’ve tried multiple parameter settings on the same strategy in 1 sim account and only 1 would “trade”…so I assume you mean real accounts? Is that right or not?
      As always, thanks for your time guys.
      Have a good weekend.
      Jonathan

Comment

Jonathan,

There is no difference. You can run, for instance, SampleMACrossOver with 10, 25 parameter settings on Sim101. Then you can also run it again with 15, 30 parameter settings on Sim101. The same is true for live accounts.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:19 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
        Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:25 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes