IB connection script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IB connection script

Are there any programming whizzes out the who could write something to automatically change the disconnection time in the IB platform to reconfigure it daily to avoid being disconnected every 24 h?

What I mean is a program/script that will change the time for which disconnection is set just before it occurs. E.g. say you open the IB platform at 9 am and set it to disconnect at 9 am the next day (24 h is the max limit allowed per session). The script would then start up say 1 h before disconnection, at 8 am the next day, and change the time for disconnect to 24 h later, or 8 am the following day. Next day, the script would become active at 7 am and change the time to disconnect to 7 am next day. etc etc etc.

At the moment, the only way to stay connected longer than 24 h is to manually reset the disconnect time option every day, which is a pain in the rear.

Thanks,
    Trevor

PS. I would pay if not kill for something that could do this

I think the easier (and probably more reliable) solution is to setup a macros to fire at a certain point every day, to re-connect via NinjaTrader.

I say this because I believe TWS can still close on you for whatever maintenance they want to do on the back-end... not to mention over the weekend. But with the macros in place, as long as TWS is available by market open, you'll be in business. I have a macros set up to connect and launch my strategy at 9:25 AM every week day.

You can look into Macro Express Pro. Very easy to setup a macros that "records" your actions, even if you don't feel like "programming".

Comment

Thanks Heech! Great suggestion -- I installed Macro Express Pro and have had it running well for a couple of days. FYI I have it set a macro to start at 4.55 AM and change the TWS logoff time to 5 PM, and another to start at 4.55 PM to change the logoff time to 5 AM -- that way, I stay connected 24/7 (in theory, because naturally IB takes the system down quite frequently).

I'm avoiding using macros to launch strategies because I have been burned too many times by positions not being flat and then being entered into opposite positions. Hopefully this will not be an issue in the next version of NT.

Trevor

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
      47 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post aligator  
      Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes