Removing An Assembly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing An Assembly

I have an assembly that I imported for testing purposes. Now everytime I export a NinjaScript file it tells me the target machine must have that assembly installed as well. When I try to remove the reference from the file I am exporting it causes errors in the assembly itself and won't let me compile any NinjaScript. When I try to remove the assembly itself it tells me there is a file which references an indicator contained in the assembly and I must remove the dependency before removing the assembly. However I don't have an indicator referencing any indicators in the assembly. What do I do?

I just went through this. I checked all my indicators and commented out any reference to the assembly but I still couldn't uninstall the assembly. My solution which worked was this:

I copied all my indicators into a separate folder and did the same with my strategies. Then I deleted all my indicators and strategies from the NT folders, opened a system indicator and compiled. Removed the assemblies. Copied indicators back in groups of 5-10, compiling each time and adding the appropriate missing indicator when compiling errors asked for them. Added my strategies and found the errors there asking to access the assembly. Bingo. opened offending strategies in notepad, commented out offending lines, save, compile. Everything back to normal.
    eDanny
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

I tried what you mentioned and was able to delete the assembly. Now I have another similar issue. I have another assembly installed which I cannot delete. Again I am trying to export a file that has no dependency on this assembly whatsoever, however it is telling me the file can only be imported on a machine with this assembly installed. If I remove the reference to this assembly in the code, it throws errors in the assembly itself.

Comment

I also found that this only happens when I'm exporting a protected assembly and it happens no matter which strategy/indicator I try to export.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post GLFX005
        by GLFX005

Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM
        2 responses