Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How can I enter a limit order at Bid/Ask plus or minus 1 point?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I enter a limit order at Bid/Ask plus or minus 1 point?

As a scalper I find it very important to be able to do things fast... I wish NT had hotkeys, because it's at a disadvantage to many other platforms in fast-moving markets without it.

However, since I can't get hotkeys, is there something in the SuperDOM that allows me to click a button that will place an order at the Bid + 1 tick, or the Ask -1 tick? For example, if YM is quoted at 7441 bid vs 7445 ask (something that can happen on occasion), I want to be able to place a buy order at 7442 or a sell order at 7444. Right now it seems as though my only choices are either taking the bid/ask at the market (which sucks), or placing the order at the bid or ask with the buttons at the bottom.

I obviously could just click on the appropriate price if the market was slow, but in a fast moving market that is completely impossible. What I want is to be able to place my sell order right above/below the current bid/ask level so that the next down/uptick will get me filled, and I'll be first in line at that price. Is this possible? And if not, CAN YOU PLEASE ADD IT TO VERSION 7? This is a very important feature for people who trade in fast-moving markets and don't want to get screwed by hitting the market price all the time.

(There is just no excuse for not having something like this guys, it's a completely trivial 1-hour programming job, if that... thanks.)

J.
    Last edited by JS999; 03-18-2009, 02:53 PM.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately there is no such button available.

I will forward your request to development for consideration.
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Please do... I can tell you that this is a very simple thing to program (I could personally do it for you in about an hour I would bet), and it would be extremely helpful to a short-term trader. Please consider it a high priority request for version 7, one that should be VERY easy to fulfill.

Thanks!

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RJStein View Post
      Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately there is no such button available.

I will forward your request to development for consideration.

Comment

I too would like something like that. In addition if the button could have a programmable stop loss also or even programmable up tick/downtick.(+ or -1, + or -2 etc.) that would be fantastic. Right Now I use ninjatrader for charting and use currenex for trade execution but if NT7 had one click trading like this I would be all in! Currenex only has one click execution at bid/ask.

My friends at the scalping forum I visit laugh at me but why would you not want something like this?

in MT4 this is called a buy stop or sell stop. I know the terminology can get transposed at times so I want to make it clear. Buy stops allow the trade to continue in the same direction where as limit orders (in mt4) are trades you think will bounce off the limit price.
        Last edited by ^eagle^; 03-31-2009, 03:47 AM.

Comment

You can do buy/sell stops on the DOM using the middle mouse button. The popup box with the "x" and "checkmark" is asking how many ticks offset from where you clicked the middle mouse button do you want the limit order placed.

Try 0 offset and you'll see once price hits that buy/sell stop, it turns into a limit order at same price.

To do 1 tick improvement, enter -1 in the popup box. I am not sure why you would ever enter a positive number in pop up box.

However, I agree with OP about having a button on DOM to simplify things for order entry with specified offsets. I have requested a similar feature, where whatever order I've setup on my DOM only gets executed at the close of the current bar.

Mike

Comment

Guys, if you really want to indicate to the folks at NT that you would like features like this, please comment in this thread:

and vote in this thread if you want hotkeys:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by frslvr, 04-11-2024, 07:26 AM
            8 responses
            1 like
            Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
            Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
            10 responses
            0 likes