Bug in bar timer function?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug in bar timer function?

I have been noticing that the bar timer function doesn't work properly for me, using the Zenfire data feed. When I add the bar timer to my charts, it doesn't count down the time correctly... for example, right now my one minute chart is showing 4:58 remaining, and my 5 minute chart is showing 7:45 remaining. Obviously this is wrong. Does anyone have a clue as to why this might be happening?

Thanks!

And one further comment.... I am pretty sure that this has nothing to do with Zenfire, because I also have IQ Feed coming in for NYSE TICK data, and on a one minute chart of that I see the same problem - currently listed as 4:45 left on that one.

Comment

Hello JS999,

Can you please close NinjaTrader and synchronize your PC clock and check if your time zone setting is setup correctly.

Start NinjaTrader and check if the issue persists.
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I did what you said and that seems to have solved the problem - I just had to re-synchronize my time setting in Vista 64... thanks a lot!

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
        Hello JS999,

Can you please close NinjaTrader and synchronize your PC clock and check if your time zone setting is setup correctly.

Start NinjaTrader and check if the issue persists.

Comment

How do I synchronize my PC clock with NT?
          They both seem to have the same time, but the count down will go to zero and then sit there for random amounts of time.

Comment

Hello Trading618,

Thank you for your post.

You can sync your PC clock by double clicking on the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop. Once you have done that, click on Internet Time tab and then click Update. Your PC clock should now be updated.
            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have it set to automatically sync by default and just noticed the bar issue today. I use Zen-Fire data. The bar timer would stop at 00:00 and the bar would continue to build at random intervals after. Once a new bar complete the timer would start at a random value after.

ie, bar builds and timer counts, says 00:00 after 5min, continues building for 2more mins, then once a new bar builds the timer says 03:00

Comment

Originally posted by Trading618 View Post
                I have it set to automatically sync by default and just noticed the bar issue today. I use Zen-Fire data. The bar timer would stop at 00:00 and the bar would continue to build at random intervals after. Once a new bar complete the timer would start at a random value after.

ie, bar builds and timer counts, says 00:00 after 5min, continues building for 2more mins, then once a new bar builds the timer says 03:00
                If there were no ticks for 2 mins - this is expected

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes