Ameritrade candlesticks don't match NT6.5's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ameritrade candlesticks don't match NT6.5's

I have been running NT6.5 side by side with Ameritrade Strategy Desk and notice that the candlesticks don't match. I mean the overall shape of the chart matches. For example, if a stock bottoms at $6.00 in Ameritrade, it also bottoms at $6 in NT6.5.

However, the way it bottoms is different. In Ameritrade for example, a perfect doji might form at 12:00 ET let's say and the doji candlestick might have a low of $6. Well in NT6.5 it might form a non perfect doji--a chubby doji (what are those called?). Or some candles will have sticks in Ameritrade but won't in NT6.5 or the length of the candlestick will be noticeably different. This is kinda aggrevating. Some candlestick signals look way better in Ameritrade due to having a different candle shape, even a slightly different candle shape. I have tried scaling the charts on both apps, trying to tweak the shape so that they match, thinking it might just be a scale issue somehow, but no, these difference are not attributrable to a difference in scale.

Could this be due to some kind of clock synchronization problem? I have noticed this for a long tme and I always sync my clock with time.nst.gov (throughs windows XP clock sync option). Any suggestions? Is there way to sync NT6..5 to a non-local computer, like the Ameritrade server or something? I would very much appreciate anyone's help with this. Still working out kinks on NT6.5.
    Last edited by trader_rick1234; 03-19-2009, 01:28 PM.

Hello,

Thank you for your note.

Try changing the chart property "Display update interval (sec)" to 0.
    -This may be caused by the TDA Charts and NinjaTrader charts having different update speeds.
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ty. not sure I see that though....I clicked on a chart and hit CTRL+I...but I don't see that particular property. I do see one called "Horizontal Grid line interval"...but it's already at zero. Is there somewhere else I was supposed to click on?

Comment

Right click in your chart and select properties.

It is near the bottom, see screen shot.
        Attached Files
        Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

a thousand thanks! I should lay off the caffeine--then maybe I could see stuff right. the screen capture helped. I tried it and that did the trick. All candlesticks match! Thanks again.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Mongo, Today, 11:05 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Mongo
          by Mongo

Started by Tim-c, Today, 10:58 AM
          0 responses
          1 view