Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Recent historical data getting corrupted (or maybe deleted)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recent historical data getting corrupted (or maybe deleted)

Hi, I’m using NT with IB-Forex.
    I’ve set my 10min chart to display data going back to 15days (while it receives live incoming data as well). But every time I close NT and bring it up again, some of the recent historical data gets either corrupted (or maybe deleted). I’ve attached an image March_18_data_corrupted_or_deleted.

I have tried Tools-Options-Misc-Repair DB. But this makes the problem even worse, as that causes data to be corrupted (or deleted) for several recent days.

The workaround I’ve been using so far: I delete the historical data from the date of corruption(deletion) upto the current date. And reload the data by connecting to IB. But this gets very painful, as I need to repeat this process every time I bring up NT.

I’ve been using NT for several months, it used to work just fine all along, this problem started only about 3weeks back.
    I have historical data dating from Jan.2008 to present. Do you think NT runs into such problems if the historical data gets too large (exceeding 12 months)? If this is the case, I could delete some of the old data.

Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.
    Attached Files

Hello JoeStein,

I suggest to upgrade NinjaTrader and TWS to versions 6.5.1000.9 (NT) and 892 (TWS).

NinjaTrader:

TWS:

Check if the issue persists.

If so, please right click in the chart and select 'Reload Historical Data' and check if this will make a difference. What happens upon creating a brand new chart?

As far as I know the amount of historical data does not cause such an issue.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jason for your prompt response.

I just upgraded NT to 6.5.1000.9 (had 1000.3 earlier). I am running TWS build 892.9b. The problem still persists. Created a brand new chart (dating back to 15days, 1month) but the problem persists.

'Reload Historical Data' is grayed out. So clicking on that (and even doing Ctrl+Shft+R), nothing happens.

Comment

Am I correct you are using the free license with NinjaTrader, which explains why you could not reload historical minute data; historical data is only supported upon using a live license with IB.

If not, make sure historical data is enabled in the IB connection.

Please confirm the interval used in the chart was 10 minutes and not a tick, volume, range or seconds interval.

Double check the session begin and end times in the chart properties (double click chart).

Comment

Yes, it is a 10minute chart, with the free license of NT. But I've always connected to IB (from NT), and pulled in the latest day's data on a daily basis, for several months. And I never had this problem in the past.
          So, basically the data that I pulled in today from IB was stored by NT and that becomes tomorrow's historical data.

Yes, historical data is enabled in the IB connection. As I mentioned in my first post, that is how I have been able to work around this problem so far - by pulling in data from IB of the past one week (or of how many ever recent days the data has been corrupted in NT's data store on my PC) every time I bring up NT. After the data has been pulled in from IB's server, everything's fine on my NT chart. But after I close NT and bring it up again, the problem resurfaces, so again I have to pull in the last one week's data from IB.
          So my problem does have a workaround, but it's just been tedious to repeat this process of pulling in one week to 10days of data from IB (for multiple currency pairs) every time I bring up NT.

I'll be subscribing to NT's quarterly license starting May/June, so perhaps this issue may not be there at that time?

I don't see any session begin/end times in the chart properties, probably this is a feature only with the live-trade licensed version?

Comment

Using the free license does not allow you to retrieve historical data from IB. The historical data you display in your charts, must be real-time data collected from IB in previous sessions.

Upon subscribing and using a live license, the issue will not persist, since you can download historical data from IB by right clicking in the chart and select 'Reload Historical Data'.

No. it should be listed under 'Data series' in the chart properties menu.

Comment

Thanks, that helps.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post jaybedreamin  
              Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM