Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop loss and stop limit

Hello there,

I had a question on the different entry and orders with Ninja trader. I am trying to do the following: when I am in a trade long, I want to have a stop loss and a short entry order at the same time but at different levels. The short entry being lower than the stop loss. Usually what happens is that when the stop is filled, the short entry order gets cancelled.

Anybody has any idea what order should I be putting in? Thank you very much for your help

Charles

Hello Charles,

Could it be you have OCO order enabled in the SuperDOM. Right click in the SuperDOM and disable it, if enabled.

When you are in a long position, you can submit two stop orders (stop market or stop limit) below the market in the sell column. If the first order eecutes and closes the position, the other order should remain. Once the second order is executed, it will put you in a short position.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for your answer. But for some reason, when my first market stop is hit, the short entry (sell stop limit) gets cancelled. The OCO is disabled too. I don't understand. Any idea?

Thank you

Comment

Can you please ensure 'ATM strategy' is set to <None> before you submit any of the orders or do you intend to use an ATM strategy.

If so, please right click in the SuperDOM as well and tell me what setting is used for 'ATM strategy selection mode'.

Comment

ATM strategy is set to NONE and the ATM strategy selection mode is on : KeepSelectedAtmStrategyTemplateOnOrderSubmission
          Thanks for your help

Comment

Could you please provide exact steps to reprocude. Upon testing it on my end, I cannot reproduce it.

I am in a long position; I submitted a buy market order.

I now submit two stop orders (stop market or stop limit order) below the market at two different price.

When the first stop order is executed, it closes the position. The second order is not cancelled. when the market executes the second stop order, it puts me in a short position.

Comment

OK. I enter the market long. I already have set up a profit target and a stop loss. So when I am in the trade, there is a stop market already defined. I enter a sell limit order below the stop market. When my stop loss is hit, my sell limit order is cancelled and I am not filled.

thank you

Comment

I see, you make use of an ATM strategy.

After your entry order is filled and the stop loss and profit target are triggered, please submit a stop order below the stop loss in the sell column.

Providing 'ATM strategy selection mode' is set to 'KeepSelectedAtmStrategyTemplateOnOrderSubmission' , it should do the trick.

Comment

Thank you, it works fine!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                  11 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post xiinteractive  
                  Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM