Newbie Pivot Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie Pivot Question

Hi there Im thinking I have a box ticked which needs unticking maybe lol.The problem Im having is the pivots are all sitting at zero price.I have them set for user defined value and have the correct previous H,L,C price in place,pivot range type has been tried in all positions as well.I am running the SIM version of ninja 6.5.Hope its something basic

Hello neddycgoon,

Could you please provide me a screenshot of the Indicator menu that has the Pivots indicator parameters selected.

What UserDefinedValues did you enter here?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Here ya go sorry about the quality.The red line to the right is all the pivots

Comment

Could you please right click in the chart and select 'Reload Historical Data' and check if this will make a difference.

What interval is selected in the chart?

I was unable to reproduce it on my end using a 1 minute ES 06-09 chart.

Does creating a new chart make a difference?

Comment

Hi Jason Im running a 1 minute ES chart and the reload historical data option isnt enabled.Also I tried the new chart option and it didnt help so I completely removed ninja and reinstalled the new version after removing all settings etc from My Documents.Didnt help lol
          Last edited by neddycgoon; 03-23-2009, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Can you please tell me what data feed provider you connect to.

Please provide me exact steps to reproduce this on my end.

What happens if you select a different setting for the 'PriorDayHLC'?

Comment

Hi Jason it makes no difference what numbers I put into the H,L,C slots it always seems to sit at zero.My feed is the Trading Technologies feed through Alaron but I cant give out connection details as that involves passwords and account numbers sorry.I will just have to wear it I guess and manually insert pivots with the horizontal line drawing tool

Comment

Hello neddycgoon,

The Pivots indicator should work.

Upon applying the Pivots indicator in a chart, please check the Log-tab for any error messages.

Could you please go to Tools-->Edit NinjaScript-->Indicator. Double click the Pivots indicator and hit F5. You will compile all NinjaScript files.

Check if you see errors below and if they could be related to the Pivots indicator.

Comment

Hi Jason.The only error I can see after opening all the areas in there is the "insufficient historical data" one which I assume would be fairly standard on the sim.When I started this thread I just thought maybe something was out in the basic setup that would cause the pivots to default to zero lol

Comment

Try the following.

Create a backup file to save your settings. Do not include 'NinjaScript files'.

Uninstall NinjaTrader via the Control Panel-->Add/Remove Programs (XP), Programs and Features (Vista).

Delete the My Documents NinjaTrader 6.5 folder. Do not delete the NinjaTrader Backup folder.

Clear you browser cache.

Download and install NinjaTrader.

Check if the issue persists.

Comment

Hi Jason.Its still the same.I have tried installing on different computers with different operating systems and its the same.

Comment

What setttings are used in the Format Data Series window of the chart?

How much historical data is displayed in the chart?

Does it occur on other instruments as well?

Comment

Format Data Series = default,es 06-09,1 minute,15 days back,and current date
                          I have no historical data as I like to start the sim off each day with a clean slate.As for other instruments I will try that when the feed comes online again Jason

Comment

You will need to have at least 1 day of historical data present in the chart for the Pivots to work with user defined values.

Let me know if you are able to plot the Pivots in a chart with at least 1 day of historical data.

Comment

Hi I have a question about pivots if you could help.
                              I Am in Australia and my chart session times are set to the default 12:00am to 12:00am.

I noticed the my pivots are a bit out of alignment compared to some live chart i have seen in the USA.

Im not sure if the chart session settings should be set to the exchange open and close hours and if my local time zone is causing the inacurate pivot settings?

im trading the S&P500 Emini

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by elderan, Today, 08:03 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post elderan
                              by elderan

Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
                              0 responses