Auto System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto System

I had an auto system developed...and have been trading it in sim mode for a few weeks. I turned it on live as of Monday the 23rd, and it's been doing fine. Then today, it went to execute the 3rd entry (the system has up to 3 entries before it will get stopped out) and it created an error and closed all of my positions?!? I have it set up the exact same way in another sim account and the error did not occur there...only in my live account. The errors on the Log tab read:

Strategy: Strategy 'JHRSIStrategy' submitted an order that generated the following error 'OrderRejected'. Strategy has sent cancel requests

Strategy: Strategy 'JHRSIStrategy' submitted an order that generated the following error 'UnableToChangeOrder'. Strategy has sent cancel requests

Strategy: Error on calling the 'OnPositionUpdate' method for strategy 'JHRSIStrategy': Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

What happened?!?! What other info can I send you guys to help decipher? Thanks for your time.

Jonathan

Jonathan,

It appears the order may have been rejected by your brokerage. When NT receives an OrderRejected state it will shutdown the strategy and close all positions. You may want to look in the trace files to see if there is any information given as to why the order was rejected. If none then you may also want to try and contact the brokerage to see if they have any insight they can provide for that order.

Finally, "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" indicates programming error. You will want to debug that while keeping in mind this tip: http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ead.php?t=4226
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post jaybedreamin  
    Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
    6 responses
    0 likes