Zenfire laggy in NT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zenfire laggy in NT?

I thought that ZenFire was supposed to be one of the best platforms out there for getting accurate data. However, while running ZF hooked up to a trial version of NT, I found that there is a noticeable lag in the quotes for YM as compared to what is coming from a TransAct connection hooked up an instance of the InfinityAT trading platform from Inifinity futures.

When I looked at YM in the market analyser window and compared it to the TransAct quotes, they were often behind by up to a few hundred milliseconds, and sometimes entire prices were missed (for example, the TA feed would see the ask go from 7760 to 7761 and then to 7759 whereas the ZF feed though NT saw the transaction stick at 7760 during the time TA was showing 7761, and then only change to 7759 later, after TA had already moved down. The 7761 never showed up at all.

How could this be? Is there some setting on NT that I am missing? Or is ZF really not all it's cracked up to be?

I am thinking that it may be ZF, because I also compared TA to an IQFeed on the same instrument (YM), and IQFeed was as laggy as ZF. Only TA seemed to work properly. Thoughts?

One more thing: can NT hook up to a TransAct feed? I notice that Infinity Futures does offer NT, but I don't know what they are using for that, if it's the same as their InfinityAT feed or not...
    Last edited by JS999; 03-25-2009, 05:45 PM.

Hi JS999, when you compare datafeeds you will most likely never see a 100% match. There are also many individual components like the computer system and ISP connections at play. I would suggest you restest this by comparing the DOM's directly.

Unfortunately we don't offer connecting to the Infinity AT.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      Hi JS999, when you compare datafeeds you will most likely never see a 100% match. There are also many individual components like the computer system and ISP connections at play. I would suggest you restest this by comparing the DOM's directly.

Unfortunately we don't offer connecting to the Infinity AT.
      Well I did retest it again today, and unfortunately I was right... Zenfire is definitely lagging. It's not by much, and most traders won't notice, but for short-term scalpers it could be a problem for a tick here and there. I have attached a screenshot so you can see what I mean.

In any case for me this is kind of important, so it's too bad that NT doesn't offer a TransAct feed... I guess this makes up my mind... I'll have to go with InfinityAT as a platform.
      Attached Files

Comment

May be there is misunderstanding: the market analyzer only would update once (!) a second.

If you wanted to trace "undelayed" quotes you could try e.g. the time and sales window with the timer disabled or the mini quote grid in the control center itself or the SuperDOM. All of these are event driven and not throttled by a timer.

Comment

Well, that's good to know! Thanks!

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
          May be there is misunderstanding: the market analyzer only would update once (!) a second.

If you wanted to trace "undelayed" quotes you could try e.g. the time and sales window with the timer disabled or the mini quote grid in the control center itself or the SuperDOM. All of these are event driven and not throttled by a timer.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post jeronymite  
          Started by bill2023, Today, 08:51 AM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post bill2023