Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IB and eSignal Simultaneous Connection

Hi:
    I want to connect to BOTH IB and eSignal at the same time... IB for execution and eSignal for Hist data.

I know how to connect them both, but can't figure out where do I specify the source for historical data to be esignal when i bring up an instrument in a chart?

I would like also to confirm that execution is specified in the Account drop down in the Strategy properties window? correct?

Thanx

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately you cannot designate a single instrument to use one source or the other.
    See this link for more information: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...nections1.html

-Yes, you choose what account you want the Strategy to place orders into in the Account drop down field.
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RJStein View Post
      Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately you cannot designate a single instrument to use one source or the other.
      See this link for more information: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...nections1.html

-Yes, you choose what account you want the Strategy to place orders into in the Account drop down field.

Thanx for the answer. So when I am using the Strategy wizard, why does it give a choice of using IB Server OR Other Hist Data Feed? What does that do?

I guess, I should have framed the q better - If in a Startegy, I would like to BACKTEST on data from eSignal but execute using IB, how would I do that?

Thanx

Comment

In that link it will explain further.

Basically in your eSignal connection, you want to designate IB as your historical data provider.
        Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
        24 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post spwizard  
        Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes