Can't connect with IB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't connect with IB

I was using a previous version of NT and when I tried to connect to IB an error would occur (looked IB generated). I installed the latest version of NT and now when I try to connect to IB it just starts up a new version of TWS and then shuts it down after a few seconds, and then repeats this again.

Until eventually NT reports Loging failed: Timeout waiting for TWS

I have active X enabled in IB and using port 7496 which is also what is entered into NT. Other NT connection settings are the username and password (although I would like to just connect to an already running version of TWS) port 127.0.0.1 and client id 1. Auto logon is unchecked (although ive also tried checked)

tws build 890.6

Thanks for the help

Latest NT 6.5.1000.9 requires TWS 892 as per here http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/su...ivebrokers.htm

Comment

I have the same problem. Just installed NT and tried to connect to my IB account by NT.

I had TWS 893 installed before, then downloaded and installed the version 892 referred to by your link. Result is no change, same behaviour as described.

Comment

What exact error messages are in the logs?

Comment

I have ninja 6.5.1000.9 and tws 892.9b I have entered and activated the settings as set out on the page above. Ninja will enter the details into TWS and it will start up correctly, and then after a few seconds it will shut down and do it again until the NT comes up with a time-out error.

The Log has these messages

Date Category Message
          30/03/2009 11:56 Connection IB: Timeout on waiting for TWS(LoginFailed)
          30/03/2009 11:53 Connection IB: Primary connection=Connecting
          30/03/2009 11:49 Connection IB: Timeout on waiting for TWS(LoginFailed)
          30/03/2009 11:46 Connection IB: Primary connection=Connecting
          30/03/2009 11:45 Default Automated trading disabled
          30/03/2009 11:45 Default Current license: Type=SimulationOnly State=Verified StartDate=1/01/2005 EndDate=1/12/2099 Collective2 Dtn ESignal External OpenTick Provider2 Replay Simulator Yahoo Gain FFastFill Hosted InteractiveBrokers MBTrading Patsystems Provider1 Tda TrackData TradingTechnologies AdvancedStrategyManagement AutomatedTrading BasicEntry Charting SuperDom
          30/03/2009 11:45 Default Session Break (Version 6.5.1000.9)
          30/03/2009 11:45 Default Verifying license at primary server...

Comment

Please double check you did not miss step while setting up the account connection: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/su...ivebrokers.htm

Comment

I have double checked all the settings as specified and I am still having the same problem. I am using a Paper Trading account login for testing at the moment, would this make a difference? Is there any other cause for this not to be working? I am able to connect to IB using a custom API so I believe IB TWS is set up properly.

Help is greatlu appreciated

Comment

What is the exact (!) window caption text on your TWS as you logged in manually? Thanks

Note: You may leave our the account number but anything else I needed to know.

Comment

The Window Title in the Title Bar for TWS is "Simulated Trading - XXXXXXX - Spectrum Live Options Trader"

XXXXXXX is acc num and again this is the caption in the Title of the Window of TWS .... if this is not what you meant please let me know.

Thanks!

Comment

This appears to be white-labeled TWS version. Unfortunately NT does not support white-labeled TWS versions.

Comment

I have exactly the same results and log entries like clawson84. My introducing broker for IB is Lynx, so I have a different window caption of the TWS.

You state that white labeled versions of TWS are not supported by NT.

Does this mean that NT looks for a TWS main window after starting the log in and fails to recognize the TWS if such a window, with a name expected by NT, is not found?

A behavior like this would be quite disappointing for NT, since any other software capable of connecting to a TWS instance using the sockets or DDE interface, is recognizing it, regardless of the actual label.

Is there any workaround for this behavior, or should I just forget about NT, since I won't change my broker?

Please, give us some more insight on why our configs don't work and what we should/can do.

Comment

Unfortunately NT does not support white-labeled TWS version. If your account would turn TWS in a white-labeled version, then NT would not support your account. Sorry...

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
                          This appears to be white-labeled TWS version. Unfortunately NT does not support white-labeled TWS versions.
                          Sorry to dig up a very old topic, but does this still apply today or has this changed with NinjaTrader 7?
                          Thanks

Comment

Welcome to our forums Selwyn - white labelled TWS versions are unfortunately unsupported with NT7.
                            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

crazy or considered and useful

please tell the reason of this politic that "white labeled" TWS aren´t supported??????

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by nicthe, 08-23-2023, 07:53 AM
                              7 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post nicthe
                              by nicthe

Started by nicthe, Today, 09:24 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes