Deleting custom indicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deleting custom indicators

Hi, I have about 4 custom indicators that are inter-related. I cannot compile them as it says there is an error. I'd like to just delete them and replace with new ones. However, when I try to delete them I get a message saying that they cannot be deleted and they likely have dependencies that need to be deleted first. But NONE of the indicators can be deleted first. How can I delete them?

Hi LG are you calling those indicators in any strategy? Then please delete / comment out this call first. After this you can delete your custom indicators.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I don't think any strategy is even operating. And there shouldn't be any strategies calling it in any event. How do I go about deleting the indicator? I have been just pulling up all the indicators under Tools/edit NinjaScript, and then highlighting and deleting them. Seems to work on my other computer, just not here where I have these compiling problems.

Comment

PS These are the only custom indicators I have. There are 5 of them total. They definitely use each other inside the indicators.

Comment

LG,

Before you can delete you will need to remove any dependency. These dependencies do not necessarily mean you have to have another indicator/strategy running. It just means if it is referenced in their code somewhere.

Please try removing any references that may link back to the script you are trying to delete before you delete.
          Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. I'm pretty sure I have gotten myself into a problem where I don't know how to find or identify the dependencies. Is there some way to get around this and just delete these problem indicators? If I delete all of them together, all the inter-dependencies will definitely be removed.

Comment

A little more info. When I press F5 to compile, it shows the lines and files that have problems that need to be resolved B4 compiling. The file that is the problem is DsWCCI.cs
              This is a file that I believe has been deleted -- it is a custom indicator that cannot be edited, created by DesertSoft. Let me know if you want a screenshot.

Comment

Hi LG,

Thank you for your reply.

You will need to contact desertsoft for more information about removing this indicator.
                KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Okay, I fixed it myself by doing a search for the DsWCCI.cs file and deleting it. Then I was able to compile and delete the old indicators I was trying to get rid of.

One side note: in the same place as the above file was another similar file called DsWCCI.dll which I was not allowed to delete (it said "access denied"). Is there any way to delete this one? I have discontinued use of all the DesertSoft items for now.

Comment

Hi LG,

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, we do not have any information about how to remove this indicator from your system. You will need to contact desertsoft for further instruction.
                    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

LG,

Manually deleting files from the My Documents\NinjaTrader 6.5 folder is not recommended. Since you have already started please do not do so unless instructed to by support because of the high potential of damage to NinjaTrader that can be done when mucking around in there.

To remove the dll please ensure NinjaTrader is not running.
                      Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by RubenCazorla, 08-30-2022, 06:36 AM
                      3 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post PaulMohn  
                      Started by f.saeidi, Yesterday, 12:14 PM
                      9 responses
                      0 likes