Market Replay problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Replay problem

Here is an example of what is happening. I log into NT. I close my charts that open on default and then I connect to Market Replay. I then open a fresh chart. I then click the play button and it starts playing. The time that shows on the replay button is 9:11 am and my chart starts to show the data and then it will stop 3 bars later and not move. Even if I fast forward the replay feature my chart will not update.

I backed up the replay data and imported it to another computer and tried it with NT and the same thing happens?

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by j4068; 03-27-2009, 08:38 PM.

Is this one of the charts you have open by default when you're connected? Are you using the same chart set up for replay?
    Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I close the charts that open by default and then I open a fresh chart. I do have a "replay chart saved" that I use sometimes, I do it both ways without success. The steps that I go through are:

1- open NT for the 1st time and the control panel and two charts open by default.

2- I then close both charts

3- I connect to Market Replay

4- I open a fresh 133 tick chart with 1 days back

5- I push play and it starts to work and then freezes a few minutes into the market replay. I imported my replay history onto another computer with NT installed and the same thing happens

One of your questions is "Are you using the same chart set up for replay? If you mean am I using the same indicators, etc then yes I am, but I'm not using the same charts that I use for SIM trading.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Vincent View Post
      Is this one of the charts you have open by default when you're connected? Are you using the same chart set up for replay?

Comment

Hi,

Please do this later this afternoon:
        - Open up NT but don't connect yet
        - Close all charts you have open
        - Connect
        - Bring up a 1 minute ES chart and let it run for at least an hour
        - Open up NT again tomorrow morning and see if you have today's data listed in the Market Replay and connect to it
        - Open up the ES chart when connected to market replay and see if it populates the recorded data

Comment

I did what you suggested but when market replay is started the chart populates starting at around 8am and when I try to fast forward it will only go forward about half hour and then stop.

Hi,

Please do this later this afternoon:
          - Open up NT but don't connect yet
          - Close all charts you have open
          - Connect
          - Bring up a 1 minute ES chart and let it run for at least an hour
          - Open up NT again tomorrow morning and see if you have today's data listed in the Market Replay and connect to it
          - Open up the ES chart when connected to market replay and see if it populates the recorded data

Comment

Hi,

Just curious, when you imported your replay files, how did you do this? They need to be listed per Date folder. Can you please check this.

Comment

I'm having this problem on both the original installation on my laptop and on the installation I did on my desktop when I imported the replay files. I only did a second installation on my desktop to see if it would work letting me know that something was wrong on the original installation.

Hi,

Just curious, when you imported your replay files, how did you do this? They need to be listed per Date folder. Can you please check this.

Comment

Would you mind sending a note to support at ninjatrader dot com and refer to this post. I will then ask for someone to further assist.

Comment

Ok will do that Wednesday morning, Thanks

Would you mind sending a note to support at ninjatrader dot com and refer to this post. I will then ask for someone to further assist.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post cre8able  
                  Started by Fran888, 02-16-2024, 10:48 AM
                  3 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Sam2515