Brokerage information vs position tab information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brokerage information vs position tab information

I thought that the position tab on the control center window reflected the position and quantity from the brokerage until I read some other threads. Now I'm confused.

Let's say I have a strategy running on EURUSD and I'm currently 1 Long (both on the strategy, and at the brokerage). The position tab correctly reflects this position and quantity. Now NT goes down. I bring NT back up again, reconnect to my broker and restart the strategy. I'm still 1 long (both with the strategy and at my brokerage). What will the position tab show for my current position and quantity?

The "Position" tab of the Control Center window will *always* show your brokerage position at *all* times while you are connected.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sorry for my lack of understanding. What are posts 5 & 6 referring to in the following thread? Is it the strategy tab in the control center window that won't reflect the 1 long position?

Comment

Hello tradervick,

I suggest to review the information at the link below, which will explain the difference between an account position and strategy position.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have read this several times. I do understand the difference between a strategy position and an account position. What I'm trying to figure out is what the strategy position and account position will be in NT when it has crashed and I bring everything back up again. Will the account position be what the account position is at the brokerage? Will the strategy tab show expected position/quantity for the strategy?

Comment

The account position will be whatever is at your brokerage account. The strategy position will be a recalculation of a position from historical chart data for your strategy. The strategy position can very well show up as different in this second run because it is now no longer processing data in real-time, but in a historical sense or backtesting sense to generate the strategy position.
            Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Got it -- thanks for explanation! I'm currently running in simulated mode & am trying to get a better understanding of everything before going live.

Comment

Hello !

Suppose iam one long in the strategy and the market closes at the regular evening time. I restart the strategy after re-opening of the market. If i understand correctly my strategy tab will show 1L and my account will also show 1L and the SuperDom will also show 1L. While I have never checked the account tab what I have observed is that the strategy tab shows 1L and the superdom becomes flat, why is it so.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
                The account position will be whatever is at your brokerage account. The strategy position will be a recalculation of a position from historical chart data for your strategy. The strategy position can very well show up as different in this second run because it is now no longer processing data in real-time, but in a historical sense or backtesting sense to generate the strategy position.

Comment

Hello kassaindia,

Do you have the same account selected in the SuperDOM?

If there is data in between sessions and it is loaded when you re-apply the strategy, it could display a different position.

Most likely, your strategy is in a position, but your account is not.

Comment

No, on Strategy it is sim101 and on superdom it is the live account.

I think there should be no data as the exchange is closed
                    Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                    Hello kassaindia,

Do you have the same account selected in the SuperDOM?

If there is data in between sessions and it is loaded when you re-apply the strategy, it could display a different position.

Most likely, your strategy is in a position, but your account is not.
                    http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ount+brokerage

Comment

Then, it is as expected that you do not see the position in the SuperDOM, since a different account is selected.

Select the sim101 account in the SuperDOM as well.

If there is still a difference, your strategy is in a strategy position, but your account is not.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                      1 response
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                      Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes