import error yahoo eod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

import error yahoo eod

Hi, I'm trying to import historical EOD prices downloaded from Yahoo as a csv file, getting error message 'unexpected number of fields in line 1, should be 3 or 6'. Have reviewed the import format rules but cannot change the date format to match what is given, same problem if saved as csv or txt file, file not open when import is attempted. Am using the free version of NT. Any advice appreciated - thanks!

Hello manatrader,

The data in the text file needs to be in the format listed at the link below.

I am not sure what format your file uses. If this is different, you will need to modify it manually.

If you copy the content of the file to a new Notepad file, are you able to change the format of the data?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, I can't change the date format yahoo provides, excel doesn't have the NT format as a date option. Seems like someone could have made a conversion tool..

Comment

Whoa, used custom format to match the date. Ha! Let's see about the rest.

Comment

Well, I got the file to match the format rules, but got back

"SPX: Format error in line 2695: Value was either too large or too small for an Int32.: '20010917;1092.54;1092.54;1037.46;1038.77;23308300 00'"

Any ideas?

For anyone trying to do this, I moved yahoo adjusted close column over to close in excel, made custom format yyyymmdd for date, then opened file with notepad and replaced , with ;

Comment

Ok, got it to work. I had replaced close figures with adjusted close, which I thought would be more accurate, but some were outside the high-low range. Also, NT does not like volumes > 1 billion, so in place of SPX I'm using SPY. So, anyone with import historical data errors, try the previous spreadsheet/text file edits and should work

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Waxavi
            by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes