Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Version 6.5.1000.9 drops Gain feed connection

Hello

Since upgrading from Version 6.5.1000.7 to either .8 or .9 I get continually
    dropped connections from the Gain demo server.. NT reconnects usually right away..

Here is an excerpt from my trace file:-

2009-03-31 10:14:34:187 (Gain) Cbi.Connection.ProcessEventArgs.ConnectionStatusEv entArgs ConnectionLost ConnectionLost NoError Connection to Rates interface lost: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connecti
    2009-03-31 10:14:34:187 (Gain) Cbi.ConnectionStatusEventArgs.Process: ConnectionLost ConnectionLost
    2009-03-31 10:14:34:187 ERROR: Gain: Rate feed connection lost
    2009-03-31 10:14:39:671 (Gain) Adapter.Gain.OnRateServiceDeal DEAL0
    2009-03-31 10:14:39:671 (Gain) Adapter.Gain.SetConnectionStatus
    2009-03-31 10:14:39:671 (Gain) Cbi.Connection.ProcessEventArgs.ConnectionStatusEv entArgs Connected Connected NoError

I have uninstalled and re-installed the .net framework version 2..... Strange thing is I get the same thing on my desktop and my notebook PC...

Hello popeyeuk,

NinjaTrader does not dictate when a connection is lost. It operates like a radio receiver in that it receives a signal from your broker and then displays/reports these signals back to you the trader. When a connection is lost, it is the broker's API that determines this and reports this to NinjaTrader which in turn reports this back to the trader.

The common problems that contribute to this are:

- ISP issues

- hardware firewall issues changing IP addresses frequently

- Dynamic ISP address switching the address frequently intraday. Usually this happens once a week but you may want to check with your ISP. If they do change daily, a static IP address may work.

- With Windows XP SP2, if you have more than 10 open TCPIP socket connections open (10 programs making connections through the internet) windows will randomly shut down some connections

- Broker servers having problems

I suggest to check for software such as (corporate) firewalls, spyware and anti-virus software that could be interfering the connection as well.

In some cases the router is to blame. Connect your PC directly to your modem, bypassing the router, and check if this will make a difference.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello popeyeuk,

NinjaTrader does not dictate when a connection is lost. It operates like a radio receiver in that it receives a signal from your broker and then displays/reports these signals back to you the trader. When a connection is lost, it is the broker's API that determines this and reports this to NinjaTrader which in turn reports this back to the trader.

The common problems that contribute to this are:

- ISP issues

- hardware firewall issues changing IP addresses frequently

- Dynamic ISP address switching the address frequently intraday. Usually this happens once a week but you may want to check with your ISP. If they do change daily, a static IP address may work.

- With Windows XP SP2, if you have more than 10 open TCPIP socket connections open (10 programs making connections through the internet) windows will randomly shut down some connections

- Broker servers having problems

I suggest to check for software such as (corporate) firewalls, spyware and anti-virus software that could be interfering the connection as well.

In some cases the router is to blame. Connect your PC directly to your modem, bypassing the router, and check if this will make a difference.
      Hi Jason

I will have a look into the issues you state above. In the meantime is there anywhere I can re-download version 6.5.1000.7 as it worked fine which is the part I don't understand... The .7 version worked fine and never dropped connection. I haven't changed ISP and I have always used Norton's firewall. Did something change to do with connections from v .7 onwards..??
      Last edited by popeyeuk; 03-31-2009, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Nothing changed in regards to Gain connectivity in our latest two versions.

Unfortunately version 6.5.1000.7 is not available anymore and most likely would not solve the issue.

Let me know if the issue persists after you looked into the issues.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post sarafuenonly123  
        Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes