Track Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Track Data

Hi, I'm looking for some help on how to configure NT for Track data feed. I have the account with Track data, and I have the SDK service that allows NT to connect. NT connects to my track data account but no data appears. is it is because Track Data uses different symbols for most instruments? If so, how do I modify the symbols in the instrument manager?
    thanks DT

Hello DT,

I suggest to check if the correct symbol map is used for the instrument regarding TrackData.

Please go to Tools-->Instrument Manager and highlight an instrument that does not receive data and click Edit. Select the Misc-tab and check the symbol map entered next to TrackData.

If the issue persists, please provide me an example of an instrument that does not receive data.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

track data

Thanks. I did that and I am trying to open a chart for the E-mini Euro$ which is 6E on other data providers. The symbol map has EF next to track Data which is the correct Track Data symbol, although they use an apostrophe then a letter for the month, currently EF' M.
      Ninja Trader is connected to Track Data and when I try to open a new chart for this symbol, no data appears, and no error message either.
      Thanks for your help,
      DT

Comment

Can you please check if your TrackData connection is authorized for these instruments.

What current symbol map is used? Are you using EF' M? If so, please try EF.

Comment

I have checked the symbol map and I am using EF. I looked at the NT log and it says instrument EF 'M' not supported. Not clear if that means supported by NT or by Track Data. The Track data connection should be enabled for this instrument as I have paid for CME market data and their "silver package" which allows for stocks futures and options data. I have tried to contact them to look at this issue, but no-one is available at this hour, so I will try again later today to see if they can identify the problem.

While I have your attention, can you tell me how I get end of day data into NT for the same instrument. Track Data use different symbols for daily data compared to intraday data for the same instrument, I believe
          Thanks

Comment

I suggest to check if you load the requested historical daily data using the default symbol map first. If this does not work, I suggest to enter the different symbol map listed by TrackData.

Let me know the outcome after contacting TrackData.

Comment

I have spoken to Track Data and they say that data for the 2 instruments I am trying is supported on my account. The 2 are ES and 6E. The Track Data symbols are ES`m9 and EF`m9 respectively. I tried entering these but only when I reverted back to the original mapping, ES and EF only, I got live data for ES. EF however is still giving an error with the log saying instrument not supported.

Comment

Could you please send an email to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com, including your TrackData username and password, so I can test your connection on my end in regards to the 6E.

Please put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post wzgy0920  
                Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
                5 responses
                0 likes