Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Few Questions

i am new to ninjatrader. got few questions

1) how do I place a 1st triggers all order? Lets say the order is to buy 1 @ 829.00. The moment that order gets filled, I want another order to get triggered which is to sell 1 @ 830.00

2) Do the charts get saved? Like whatever i draw stuff on it then close Ninjatrader, does it all get saved?

3) if i have mirus futures, can i get historical data on the chart?

4) How do i look at how much money i have in my account (cash value)? i mean its tottaly insane that ninjatrader doeesn't even show me my cash value in front of me all the time. I have to go to the Accounts tab just to see it, and itis not even clearly displaped. i want my account value to be displaed all the time, is tihs posible?
    Last edited by muna580; 04-02-2009, 11:34 PM.

Hello muna580,

1. You can trigger a stop loss and profit target using ATM strategies once your entry order is executed. I suggest to review the information in the link for instructions to setup an ATM strategy.

2. You can save drawing objects in a chart by saving your workspace. More information regarding workspaces can be found at the following link.

You can save chart templates to save the chart property settings and applied indicators.

3. This depends on the data feed provider you wil make use of. The link below lists all supported data feed providers and the services they offer.

4. Account information is provided by the connectivity provider and can only be viewed in the Accounts-tab. More info at the link below.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello muna580,

1. You can trigger a stop loss and profit target using ATM strategies once your entry order is executed. I suggest to review the information in the link for instructions to setup an ATM strategy.
      i want to do 1st triggers all order, not bracket order (ATM). this means i only want to put in a profit target and not a stop loss...

Comment

I suggest to submit a limit order instead. More information can be found at the link below.

Comment

how would i do MIT order?

Comment

Unfortunately such orders are not supported.

Comment

what is the difference between the free version of ninjatrader and full?

in the free version, can I trade based on charts and munally put OCO order? can i put in limit, stop, etc.?

Comment

Hello muna580,

Thank you for your reply. This is Kyle responding on behalf of Jason.

The only difference between the free version and the live version is the ability to place trades into a live account.

All other features are available in the free version.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
                KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
                  Hello muna580,

Thank you for your reply. This is Kyle responding on behalf of Jason.

The only difference between the free version and the live version is the ability to place trades into a live account.

All other features are available in the free version.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
                  i am confused...lets say i have a live account with mirus futures...and i want to use the free version of Ninjatrader...what futures will i not be able to use use that avaliable in the full paid version?

Comment

This depends on what instruments are available for the connectivity provider you will use.

Comment

Unfortunately such orders are not supported.
                      What are the future plans for supporting MIT orders? Is it broker specific? Is there a technical reason it is not supported? I think this would be a great addition to NinjaTrader!

Thanks!
                      Daniel

Comment

Hello Daniel,

Market if Touched orders are on the list of future considerations.

Unfortunately there is no ETA of when it would be introduced.

Comment

This depends on what instruments are available for the connectivity provider you will use.
                          What do you mean what instruments? i think mirus uses Zenfire...so what does this mean?

Comment

This means you will receive data for the instruments that the Zen-Fire connection will provide. It does not matter if you trade in simulation or live.

Comment

This means you will receive data for the instruments that the Zen-Fire connection will provide. It does not matter if you trade in simulation or live.
                              No my quesiton is, what is the diffrence between the Free version of Ninjatrader and the leased out version?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by MarianApalaghiei, Today, 10:49 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                              Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post love2code2trade