contract limit in ES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

contract limit in ES

I am about to go live with Ninja trader, I know there is HIGH volume on the ES S&P market, so I have an idea about the volume...but what # of contracts during normal market hours is too many?

Meaning if at 10am Eastern and I want to enter in an order for 20 contracts for a 2 tick profit target, is there any realistic problem getting filled at that time?

I imagine not with ES Volume, so the real question is, is 100 contracts hard to get filled then? I will open my account with a significant amount and only plan on going for a real conservative 2 tick target per trade. I will start with a lower number of contracts but increase with added profit targets. But obviously the more contracts the better the daily profit.

I know you can not gaurantee fills, but I am just wanting to know is 100 contracts a "Drop in the bucket" for the SP Volume at 10am Eastern time?

thanks,
    JP

The ES is the most liquid market in the world, AFAIK.

If your plan calls for no adverse excursion to be profitable then 20-100 contracts will be difficult (taps/touch w/o penetration).

But, if your plan allows for adverse of even 1 tick on entry and penetration of 1 tick on exit, then there is no issue with getting fills with that range of contracts during the cash session.

I have to say though, reading your email made my heart jump and I possibly lost a year or two off my life. 100 contracts is enough to give you a heart attack when it moves against you even just 1 point, which it can do in a matter of 1-2 seconds. That's $ 2,500 - $ 5,000 a second.

I implore you to only trade a few contracts at first (as you have mentioned).

Good luck,
    Mike

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post cmtjoancolmenero  
    Started by Stanfillirenfro, Today, 07:23 AM
    1 response