NT crashes on startup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT crashes on startup

I am suddenly getting the following error and crash starting NT.

"NinjaTrader has detected a problem and needs to shut down. Information has been written to the trace file. Please restart NinjaTrader and send us an email via Help > Mail to Support and include information on how you may have encountered this problem...."

I did not change anything on my PC. Just started getting this error a couple of days ago. I re-installed multiple times, but same error. What's going on?

Hello monpere,

Can you please send me your trace file for today. You can find this file at the following location:

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Trace--> trace.20090406 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Please send it to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com, reference this thread and put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header.

I am not sure what is causing the error. I will need to check the trace file to troubleshoot the issue.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Can't get to the menus because NT does not start at all, but here is the contents of today's trace file in the trace directory:

2009-04-06 09:22:08:460 ******************* Session Start (Version 6.5.1000.9) *******************
      2009-04-06 09:22:08:530 Attaching global exception handlers...
      2009-04-06 09:22:08:640 InstallDir='C:\joseph\NinjaTrader\'
      2009-04-06 09:22:08:640 UserDataDir='C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\NinjaTrader 6.5\'
      2009-04-06 09:22:14:058 Cbi.Globals.MachineId: True/True
      2009-04-06 09:22:14:058 MachineId='72F548....'
      2009-04-06 09:22:14:088 OS='Microsoft Windows NT 5.0.2195 Service Pack 4'/'Win32NT'
      2009-04-06 09:22:14:088 ProcessorCount='1'
      2009-04-06 09:22:14:088 .NET Version='2.0.50727.42'
      2009-04-06 09:22:14:188 in OnUnhandledApplicationException
      2009-04-06 09:22:14:559 ********* exception trapped *********
      2009-04-06 09:22:14:559 Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
      2009-04-06 09:22:14:559 System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
      at NinjaTrader.Cbi.License.get_Processor()
      at NinjaTrader.Gui.Globals.ApplicationStart()
      at NinjaTrader.Gui.ControlCenterForm.Application_Idle (Object sender, EventArgs e)
      at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.Sys tem.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponen t.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
      at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager. System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoCompo nentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
      at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.Run MessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
      at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.Run MessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
      at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run()
      at NinjaTrader.NTMain.Main()

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello monpere,

Can you please send me your trace file for today. You can find this file at the following location:

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Trace--> trace.20090406 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Please send it to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com, reference this thread and put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header.

I am not sure what is causing the error. I will need to check the trace file to troubleshoot the issue.

Comment

Hello monpere,

The crash indicates corruption in .NET Framework. Please uninstall .NET Framework via the Windows Control Panel.

Uninstall .NET Framework up to version 2.0. Start with the latest version first until you reach version 2.0. Do not reboot your PC.

Download and install .NET Framework 2.0 at the link below.

You can choose to re-install later versions as well.

Start NinjaTrader and let me know if the crash recurs.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I get the same error after re-installing .Net 2.0. I had .Net1.1 and .Net 2.0 installed. I removed both, then re-isntalled .Net 2.0, then tried to start NT, then I rebooted and tried to start NT. None of the above worked. I am still getting the error. What now?

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
          Hello monpere,

The crash indicates corruption in .NET Framework. Please uninstall .NET Framework via the Windows Control Panel.

Uninstall .NET Framework up to version 2.0. Start with the latest version first until you reach version 2.0. Do not reboot your PC.

Download and install .NET Framework 2.0 at the link below.

You can choose to re-install later versions as well.

Start NinjaTrader and let me know if the crash recurs.

Comment

Hmm, this is an odd one. There definitely is something screwed up with your system configuration, since NT could not read the system information (see traces):
            >> NinjaTrader.Cbi.License.get_Processor()

If re-installing .NET would not make a difference, then the only advice we're having would be trying a system restore.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by sgordet, Today, 05:24 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post sgordet
            by sgordet

Started by Board game geek, Today, 02:20 AM
            1 response
            0 likes