Collapse

Significant price difference filling multiple identical stratEgies at same time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Significant price difference filling multiple identical stratEgies at same time

Hi all - not sure exactly what forum this needs to be in, so I'll throw it up and hopefully someone can direct it / me where it will receive the best attention.

I've been playing around with the last stages of paper trading before going live, and I've been noticing that occasionally when I have 2 identical strategies attempting to kick off positions, there will be a significant difference in fill price.

Setup is NT -> TWS (IB), just using simple CrossOver strategies and fill at market prices, but I'm getting one instance of a strategy filling at ~ Market -5pts and one instance filling at ~ Market - 50pts. Trading on the HSI, which IS volatile, but not THAT volatile, given the trades are both filling within a second of each other, and price action doesn't fluctuate anywhere near that much.

This has happened throughout the day using various strategies which have multiple instances trying to kick off at once. Before I go and troubleshoot everything, has anyone experienced anything similar and can point me in the right direction?

Developing profitable strategies to overcome 45pt hurdles is hard, but given I'm nearly breaking even with this, can't wait until I can eliminate that handicap!

Many thanks in advance,
    Joe

More information:

There are some 35+ instances of 2 x 1 strategy trying to initialize positions and them filling at _exactly_ 45 points difference. I'm not running any Stops / Limits in the strategy, so is this likely to be a software setting that's allowing me to lose 50 points when filling contracts?

And apologies for my poor / inconsistent use of terminology.
    Last edited by jaycee; 04-06-2009, 12:08 PM. Reason: Additional Information

Hi Joe, welcome to our support forums! Which sizes are you trading with your strategies in simulation mode? This is probably due the simulator fills you get while using market orders. Please try going to Tools > Options > Simulator > Misc and click on 'Enforce immediate fills', then retry this.

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Trading single contracts in 2 identical strategies in Live mode, but going through to an IB simulated account. That they consistently go through 45 pts apart suggests to me its not partially filled treatment of 1 instance of 2 volume. (Wow its late and I can't put what I mean into words)

I wouldn't be surprised if the error is coming at the IB end come to think of it...

Comment

Hi, is this the IB demo or paper trading account? Could it be due to lag involved? You can contact me with your log and trace files at support at ninjatrader dot com Attn Bertrand and I will review them closely - Thanks!
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes, the IB simulated account, but I don't believe lag, as its a consistent 45 point difference (exactly) at various times throughout the day. I will look for some log/trace files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
          Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post rocketman7