Gain demo historical data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gain demo historical data

I apologize if this is already answered somewhere, but I searched for hours and couldn't find the answer.

I'm just starting to play with NT and have a connection with Gain demo. I noticed that when doing a backtest with one of the sample strategies I get results dating back to late 2006 or so. So my question is: Do you automatically get historical currency data with a gain demo connection dating back to about late 2006?

I was under the impression that I was going to need to buy historical data for backtesting purposes. Or is it just that if I want to backtest a strategy pre-2006 then I would need to find external historical data to import?

Thanks again and if this is already answered please point me to the thread.

Hello dpappyd,

Yes, providing you select 'Use NinjaTrader servers' upon creating the Gain connection. Gain only provides 24 hours of historical data.

I am not sure how much historical data is available exactly. I suggest to test this by creating a chart and increase its look back period to see how much historical data is available. Right click in the chart and select Format Data Series to increase the look back period.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by traderqz, Today, 12:06 AM
    10 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post traderqz  
    Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
    5 responses
    0 likes