Show SuperDOM positions on chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Show SuperDOM positions on chart

I want to use the SuperDOM to enter and manage orders, but would like to see these orders on the ChartTrader-enabled chart - is this possible, please (I tried in Sim-mode & it seems not to be the case) ?

J.

Hi jtrade,

Thank you for your post.

Yes, you can. You will need to have the DOM and the Chart displaying the same instrument. In addition, Chart Trader will need to be enabled.

If this is the case in your current setup and you are not seeing the order on the chart, please right click in the Chart Trader box and let me know what the value of the ATM strategy selection mode property is.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Kyle - thanks for your response. I played around with this setting and see that if I DISABLE ChartTrader, then the trade markers are shown on the chart; however, with ChartTrader enabled, I see nothing, regardless of the value entered. Both regardless of setting.

What I would like to see are the horizontal lines that plot if the order is submitted via ChartTrader itself, in addition to the trade markers. This makes trade management so much easier. : one click entry via the SuperDOM, but stop and target levels visualised on the chart.

Possible ?

Edit : by "the trade markers are shown on the chart" I do of course mean that these show up AFTER the order is filled : I want to see the orders prior to, as well as post, fill.
      Last edited by jtrade; 04-07-2009, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Hi jtrade,

Thank you for your reply.

1.) This is odd. It should be the case that these markers display only when Chart Trader is enabled. What is the setting for the ATM Strategy Selection Mode in Chart Trader set to?

2.) This is possible but would require custom programming. If you yourself are not a programmer, any of the NinjaScript consultant partners listed at the following link could do the coding for you: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/pa...injaScript.htm
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
          Hi jtrade,

Thank you for your reply.

1.) This is odd. It should be the case that these markers display only when Chart Trader is enabled. What is the setting for the ATM Strategy Selection Mode in Chart Trader set to?

2.) This is possible but would require custom programming. If you yourself are not a programmer, any of the NinjaScript consultant partners listed at the following link could do the coding for you: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/pa...injaScript.htm
          All settings produce this, but if the lines will not plot, I'll leave it at that.
          Please note ZLT do now have this feature, albeit in a simple execution

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by frslvr, 04-11-2024, 07:26 AM
          9 responses
          1 like
          Last Post caryc123  
          Started by rocketman7, Today, 09:41 AM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post rocketman7