Workspaces and chart window sizes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Workspaces and chart window sizes

When I save a workspace, everything saves fine except for the size of each chart window.
    The first problem is that it does not remember the mode that the chart was in when the workspace was saved, e.g., "maximized".
    Secondly, if the chart is not maximized, it does not remember the size of each chart window.

Hello astrolobe,

Could you please provide exact steps to reproduce on our end to further investigate the issue.

So far, my NinjaTrader windows are saved as per their size when saving the workspace. Could it be some windows were minimized when you saved the workspace?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I maximize all my charts, and size the ones I don't want maximized. Then 'save workspace'. I close my workspace and reopen it, and the charts are random sizes.

Comment

Hi astrolobe, does this also happen when you try the same in a brand new workspace file? It could be your old one got corrupted at some point.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have a follow up on this post that is a similar issue that I am having that might be a bug or might be an enhancement that should be added. I have a four monitor setup and I have two monitors set up for NT. I have multiple windows of charts on one screen and a single chart and other info windows on the other. If I save this workspace under a new name and resize some of the windows, when I return to the original workspace, then the same window I resized is resized in that workspace as well. Do the workspaces not hold the window sizes and positions in there data tables? Any help would be appreciated

Comment

Here is a video example of how to 'copy' a workspace and make changes to it without affecting the original workspace:If you're doing the same as I am in my video but the behavior is different, please provide exact detailed steps on how you're saving the workspace under a new name and then editing/saving that workspace. Pointing out at which point in my video that your behavior is different would be helpful.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
            Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post rocketman7