Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gann Fan not drawing properly

Hi,

I'm not sure why, but when I draw a Gann Fan on a volume chart the angles are all skewed to one side (see attachments). It seems to work fine on a tick or time based chart. I'm not sure if it has to do with how much volatility is on the chart or the scale or what.

Thanks,

Rich
    Attached Files

Originally posted by richp6 View Post
    Hi,

I'm not sure why, but when I draw a Gann Fan on a volume chart the angles are all skewed to one side (see attachments). It seems to work fine on a tick or time based chart. I'm not sure if it has to do with how much volatility is on the chart or the scale or what.

Thanks,

Rich

Hello Rich,

Thank you for your post.

I have tested the drawing tool on my end and cannot reproduce the same result. Can you please make sure you are on the current release of NinjaTrader 6.5.1000.9. You can check this by going to the Control Center->Help->About

Does this happen each time you try to apply the Gann Fan to a Volume chats?
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

I am using the latest v of NT. I've tried it on higher volume charts and it seems to work fine. For example, I tried it on a 10000 volume bar chart for ES and it looked great. 2250 it got worse. 250 and it was really bad. Maybe it has something to do with the scaling?

Rich

Comment

Originally posted by richp6 View Post
        Hi,

I am using the latest v of NT. I've tried it on higher volume charts and it seems to work fine. For example, I tried it on a 10000 volume bar chart for ES and it looked great. 2250 it got worse. 250 and it was really bad. Maybe it has something to do with the scaling?

Rich
        Hello Rich,

I am going to have to check with another associate on Monday and I will respond after I gather more information.
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Rich,

The behavior you describe is as expected and related to the scaling of the X and Y-axis and starting point of the Gann Fan.

Click and hold the left mouse button on the right side of the Y-axis and move up or down to modify the Y-axis. The Gann Fan drawing object will change as well. It will change when using a different starting point for the drawing object as well.
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post wzgy0920  
          Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
          5 responses
          0 likes