Cannot resize SuperDom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot resize SuperDom

I can't seem to resize the SuperDom window. Is this normal?

Hello,

You can't resize it like any other window, you have to right click the DOM>properties and increase the number of price rows.
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ben View Post
      Hello,

You can't resize it like any other window, you have to right click the DOM>properties and increase the number of price rows.
      It wouldn't fit on my netbook screen (1024x600) and it's too small on my 24".

Thanks Ben.

Comment

Hello cunparis,

You could try different monitor resolution settings as well to check what works best for you.

Unfortunately you cannot resize the SuperDOM as other windows. You can modify the amount of rows in the SuperDOM Properties menu as mentioned in post #2.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

My 2 cents in this area...

Mentioned in the Forum as possibly in the works for NT7 ...to re size of the superDOM and Basic Entry windows graphically....my take is that generally these are usually too large and taking too much screen space currently.

On one of my monitors...a 20" Dell 2005WFP set at the max screen resolution of 1680 x 1050 and with a pixel pitch of 0.258 ...with the superDOM stacked above a Control Center and a partial Basic Entry window ...this appears roughly OK in scale with enough rows on the superDOM....but still could be a bit smaller graphically. (left screen shot below)

The same stacked layout on a 24 inch monitor with a screen resolution of 1920 x 1080 and a 0.276 pixel pitch ...here the DOM and Basic now appear much larger than necessary and even with less rows set in the superDOM. (right screenshot below)

My impression is that there should be a way to scale the superDOM and Basic Entry widows, depending on your screen resolution and pixel pitch. Few monitors are below a pixel pitch of 0.27 now...and a max screen resolution on typical 24" monitors is now 1920 x 1080 or 1920 x 1200 on the better ones....on my 1920 x 1080 & 0.276 pixel pitch monitor the current superDOM and Basic windows are just taking up way too much space for what is needed visually and could be quite a bit smaller (maybe 30% or so) and still be very workable.

Perhaps there could be something like small, medium and large size options on the superDOM and Basic windows, so one could select something that would be graphically efficient and workable depending on ones monitor(s).

I also find the top part of the Basic Entry window very useful to use the increase decrease buttons area....but the remainder hardly ever used...could having an optional truncated Basic Entry window with just the upper area also be a possibility ??

Thanks....
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Alfred; 07-30-2009, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Hello Alfred,

Thank you for your post.

I will forward your suggestions on to my development team for further consideration.
            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Attached is a link to a screen shot of a full size DOM on a 1920x1080, 0.276 pixel pitch monitor. At the right I reduced this typically scaled DOM by 20% and it is still quite readable. Full size the Dom here is 4.3" wide...reduced by 20% it is 3.4" wide.

Ideally with so many different monitor configurations it may be desirable for the user to be able set the pixel widith of the DOM as they may wish.

Link...
              Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Thanks...
              Last edited by Alfred; 08-10-2009, 02:18 PM. Reason: Changed screen shot

Comment

resizing

FWIW, I love trading with IB booktrader (more before the last "upgrade").

I am currently trying to change over to using NT for automated trading and would like to use the superDOM to trade off of manually.

I would like to request that the superDOM be able to be re-sized like any other window. For example a large price stock like BIDU etc... is going to have spreads that are often larger than the number of levels currently able to fit on my screens (and I have multiple 28in screens). tradestation and IB allow the use of the wheel on the mouse to scroll through the different levels which I think would be great for NT to be able to do. I use 200+ price levels but this simply would not be possible with NT.

Thanks

Comment

Hello 1reason,

Thank you for your post.

I will forward your comments on to my development team for further consideration.
                  KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Wow... its been four years and this has not been implemented? What is the timeline on allowing resizing of the DOM? It is way too large.

Comment

This functionality is something that development is looking to address in the next major release, NinjaTrader 8 which our development team is currently working on and is their top priority to finish.
                      Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post Brevo
                      by Brevo

Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM
                      0 responses