Net change question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got an idea here
    A software tester makes about 50k a year. I've found a serious and reproducible bug for free. How about I got a NT license for that?

Comment

Here is some clarification: I did not read the full thread but by the looks of it this is about IQFeed no sending out updated LastClose on next session. This is beyond NT's control and NOT an NT issue, since NT acts like a radio receiver in that regard: it just presents you what it receives from IQFeed. However, I'll contact IQFeed support to see what they could do.

Comment

Leaving NT connected overnight seems to be a key point here and reconnecting it is just a workaround for the issue. Other platforms do not require it and handle such a simple and primitive scenario with no errors.
        If I was a NT developer I would fix it ASAP as showing such a huge miscalculations in a basic market data is really a reputation damage.

If a platform can not show an instrument price change correctly... what can it do!? Can I call such a platform reliable??

Comment

Please see my post below to understand that this is not an NT issue. IQFeed support confirmed that and let me know that they are looking into to get it resolved. We'll keep you updated.

Comment

As of latest communication with IQFeed support we will run debug sessions next week to get a better understanding what's going on. We will keep you posted. Thanks for your patience.

Comment

Thank you!
              And I didn't mean to send my last post after you said you were going to contact IQFeed.

Comment

We ran a debug session overnight and found that this in fact is an NT issue. However, it would require some significant changes in the IQFeed adapter which we decided to apply for upcoming NT7 (first beta by end of this quarter).

Thanks for pointing that one out and sorry for the inconvenience.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by ZeroKuhl, Yesterday, 04:31 PM
                5 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                Started by franatas, Today, 01:53 AM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post franatas