Collapse

Disable popup messages for rejected orders changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps for someones might work to create a little workaround, such as increasing the price variation before changing that order, or adding any counter of ticks...the goal is to give some time to that order processing finishes before requesting a change so immediately. In my case, I added to wait for two "TickSize" and it was good enough.

Comment

Originally posted by pstrusi View Post
      Perhaps for someones might work to create a little workaround, such as increasing the price variation before changing that order, or adding any counter of ticks...the goal is to give some time to that order processing finishes before requesting a change so immediately. In my case, I added to wait for two "TickSize" and it was good enough.
      my problem is with NJ functions SetTrailStop and SetProfitTarget , seems I have to code these functions to avoid this issue. thanks

Comment

Please add my vote also. This is a hindrance.

Comment

Allansun , Renorail - I've added your votes to SFT-671

Comment

Please add my vote to this feature request

Comment

GLFX005 , I've added your vote.

I'll not longer be posting updates for new votes, but will continue to add them.

Comment

Good morning,

Has there been any progress on this old request to remove or disable the annoying popup error messages for rejected orders. Rejected orders are not errors, and they can easily be tracked inside strategies.
                I agree with old the previous posts requesting this, but after so much time and many updates, this has not implemented so far, on NT8.

Thank you

Comment

This behavior has not changed.

Deciding on features for future releases is not a simple black and white decision. There are many factors involved including but not limited to:
                  • Demand which is measured by objective user requests and subjective discretion on the part of our Product Management team.
                  • Feasibility
                  • Developer bandwidth
                  • Current projects in the queue
                  • Economics
                  You'll find a note regarding your feature request in the release notes when a feature is implemented.

Comment

Please add my vote as well

Comment

Any update on disabling these pop ups?

Comment

There is no update on the feature request to disable pop-ups alerting you of order submission issues. This change is unlikely to be made since it is critical that you are aware when order submission issues occur. With that said, the feature request is still being tracked for interest.

You'll find a note regarding your feature request in the release notes when a feature is implemented.

Comment

Here we are.. 13 years later and still, nothing has done to one of the most annoying issues in NinjaTrader

As a developer myself who has been coding for over 20+ years I know that a single dev can implement this request in 1-2 hours max.
                          It's just a shame that NinjaTrader treats its users & developers this way!
                          I'm part of the NinjaTrader vendor program, but as a vendor, I'm deeply disappointed in how NinjaTrader treats its customers & developers.

I get a strong feeling that NinjaTrader is not doing anything at all with all the feature requests here in this forum.
                          There's a number assigned to it and some upvotes, but that's it.
                          After that, it looks like it's just thrown in the garbage bin and is never looked at again.
                          And before you know it 13 years has past and this issue is still here (same with all the other issues mentioned in the forum)
                          Did you guys ever implement 1 request mentioned in this forum over the last 15 years?

Same with stuff we vendors mention. The whole vendor licensing plugin is a pain in the **s and costing vendors us so much time
                          I had a call with NinjaTrader about this and they were very friendly, but in the end.. you guessed it.. nothing changes

I've already requested before that NinjaTrader opens up and gives way more transparency to its developers & users about what's being worked on
                          You guys could learn so much from the Asobo team at flightsimulator.com.
                          They do communicate with their developers & clients and keep updated lists on what's being worked on, what's on the backlog, what's under investigation,
                          and when they expect a certain feature is done.

But again.. that request just got a number and a vote ... and in the end, nothing was done with it

Last edited by EB Worx; 06-11-2021, 12:16 AM.
                          EB Worx
                          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - EB Worx

Comment

EB Worx - thanks for your feedback.

First, I'd like to clarify that this forum topic is regarding NinjaTrader 7. In general, NinjaTrader 7 will not receive any further development updates. NinjaTrader 7 will be maintained and will receive critical maintenance updates while all other desktop platform effort is focused on NinjaTrader 8.

With that said, let's discuss the general state of feature requests, how they work, and what to expect.

While I can understand your frustrations regarding this specific feature request, your premise that we ignore feature requests could not be more incorrect. In fact, a majority of the changes to NinjaTrader over the years are directly from feature requests (or at least inspired by them). You can find them as notes in the release notes. The Order Flow+ suite of tools, for example. began as a feature request.

Forum user bltdavid's comment earlier in this topic is actually a pretty good summary of why this particular feature request likely will never see the light of day - it is simply too risky to allow developers or end-users to request to ignore messages regarding orders from their broker. It may benefit the minority in some ways but would absolutely not benefit the majority while also exposing NInjaTrader to unnecessary risk. If you have a different opinion, I encourage you to contact us via email at PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com so we can more accurately understand your perspectives and use cases.

In general, if you ever want an update on a feature request, make sure to provide the tracking number we provided to you. These feature requests are tracked internally and if implemented will appear in the release notes. With that said, there is typically no update on a feature request until it has been implemented.

For any other concerns not directly addressed on the forums, I highly encourage you to contact us via email as well.

Comment

Patrick,

This issue still exists in NinjaTrader 8

Calling ChangeOrder() with a price that is close to the current ask/bid can cause a rejected order (with a popup)
                              It probably is caused by the fact that at the time the order gets 'executed' the market already moved a bit and the order becomes invalid and gets rejected
                              However.. rejected orders are not the problem, we can handle rejected orders in our code.
                              A rejected order is nothing scary. It's just something that happens and something we can deal with from within in our code.
                              What is the problem is that ninjatrader opens a popup every time this happens and there is no way to disable that

Erwin
                              EB Worx
                              NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - EB Worx

Comment

Originally posted by EB Worx View Post
                                Patrick,

This issue still exists in NinjaTrader 8

Calling ChangeOrder() with a price that is close to the current ask/bid can cause a rejected order (with a popup)
                                It probably is caused by the fact that at the time the order gets 'executed' the market already moved a bit and the order becomes invalid and gets rejected
                                However.. rejected orders are not the problem, we can handle rejected orders in our code.
                                A rejected order is nothing scary. It's just something that happens and something we can deal with from within in our code.
                                What is the problem is that ninjatrader opens a popup every time this happens and there is no way to disable that

Erwin
                                I had a couple of popups in the last couple of weeks exactly like "EB Worx" described. As he explains, your strategy should already be taking care of rejected orders. This is no error, no reason to panic, no reason for the popups. If these could be eliminated at some point, that would be great, thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by ScottWalsh, 04-16-2024, 04:29 PM
                                7 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                                Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post cls71