Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disable popup messages for rejected orders changes

Hello!

I use Limit and Stop Orders close to the market price that are often updated or even cancelled. Sometimes a working order cannot be modified any more, because it has already been processed by the exchange. This results in an (error) message popup saying e.g.

Order rejected - reason: Cannot modify the filled order (201) Affected Order Sell 1 Limit @ 6679

or

Can’t modify a filled order" (104) Affected Order: Buy 1 Limit @ 6682,5

Is there a possibility to disable these popup messages? I sometimes get A LOT (>100) of them when I run a scalping strategy with aggressive settings on multiple underlings a day long.

thx

Attached Files

imported post

Hello Nathamus:

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, the error messages you are receiving are coming from the broker and NinjaTrader is just displaying the message for you. There is not a way to disable these from popping up in NT.

Regards,

Ryan
    RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

Hello Ryan,

well and that's exactly what I am saying, an option: "Please (NinjaTrader 6) do not display the message for me" ;-) would be great.

I also tried the same strategy with a different platform on the same broker (Interactive Brokers). The popups are not displayed there, so I guess displaying them is not mandatory for order routing functionality. Instead they are written to a log.

best regards,
      Nathamus

Comment

imported post

Hello Nathamus:

Thank you for reporting. Currently, NT displays these messages in this form from the broker and you cannot disable the popup. We will add your suggestion to our list for possible future versions of NinjaTrader.

Best regards,

Ryan
        RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Allow disable of popup messages originating from broker

I guess this request was never implemented. I would like to add my vote for the option to be able to suppress the popups of broker messages.

Since its not possible to know whether when you call ChangeOrder(myOrder), myOrder is actually being filled at the same time; so there is no way to avoid the possibility of the broker sending a "Can't modify a filled order" message in response.
          But there is no reason why NT should force a user to press OK for all these messages, after all they do all get logged.

Comment

Hello DaveE,

I will add your vote to this feedback item on this.

Let us know if we can be of any further assistance.
            JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Does NT8 have a way to disable these rejected order popups? It really interferes with the addon I am creating which has builtin handling and notification (not using a popup!) when an order is rejected, having these popups just makes it harder for the trader to take whatever needed action because they need to clear them out of the way to interact with the addon's UI

Now that you've given such wonderful access to allow coding very sophisticated addons, it would be good to let the addon take care of such matters if need be.

Hoping there is a way....

Brian

Comment

I have submitted your suggestion to our development team and will follow up as soon as a tracking number has been assigned.
                Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This feature request can be tracked with ID # SFT-671.

Comment

+1

For anyone who is has written extensive OrderRejection handling code in a strategy, this popup is a significant bottleneck to convincing the user that the strategy has comprehensive internal code specifically to handle the rejection error.

I totally agree:
                    There ought to be a way to completely disable the popup in code.

Comment

Thank you and I have forwarded the additional request for this option to our development team.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
                        Thank you and I have forwarded the additional request for this option to our development team.
                        Any update on this?

Comment

Yes any updates on the disabling of PopUps ... very annoying! Though I am on NT8.
                          Last edited by Bluepoint; 12-29-2016, 01:32 AM.

Comment

Good morning,

Has there been any progress on this old request to remove or disable the annoying error popups.
                            I agree with old the previous posts requesting this, but after so much time and many updates, this has not implemented so far, on NT8.

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by bertochi View Post
                              Good morning,

Has there been any progress on this old request to remove or disable the annoying error popups.
                              I agree with old the previous posts requesting this, but after so much time and many updates, this has not implemented so far, on NT8.

Thank you
                              Sadly I have not seen anything. Ninja is not bad as a single user with charts. But to try go beyond this it can be challenging once you get into the weeds for algo development and operations. It is also over kill and is a heavy application to manage many algos. We have opted to our own development in Node/JavaScript to get around this and other issues - if interested to know more. As a Ninja single user they of course can not address all these various issues when making generic software for 1000s of users. We found it to be too blocking to advance rapidly. But this is just an opinion, and not a slam against the product, rather you just need to get the right tool for each job.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Barry Milan, Today, 10:35 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                              Started by WeyldFalcon, 12-10-2020, 06:48 PM
                              14 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Handclap0241